|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 01:14, 8 August 2007
Important note: When you edit this page, you agree to release your contribution into the public domain.
Roster First Upload Guide
This guide assumes you have Roster installed
Set Up Roster
- Go to Roster Config (roster/admin.php) and enter your Guild information in the "Guild Config" Tab
- Enter your server name and guild name EXACTLY like they are spelled in-game
- Make absolutely sure you have your server and guild name entered in Roster Config
- Try copying your guild and server name directly from CharacterProfiler.lua
- This is especially important if you have characters in the names with accent marks
- Also, all names are case sensitive. "Feathermoon" is not the same as "feathermoon"
CP, GP, and WoW
This is a quick guide on how to gather data in WoW
There is more detailed info on the use of CharacterProfiler and GuildProfiler to gather data in WoW on the Updating Character and Guild Data to Roster page.
- Install the necessary Addons (CharacterProfiler & GuildProfiler)
- Start WoW, log into your account, and check whether the above AddOns were correctly installed (Addons Button in the character select screen)
- Log in into a character for your guild, this can be any character but it is preferred that the character can read all the guild data, such as notes, ranks, guild info, guild motd, etc...
- Open the Guild window, near the top left, there should be a Save button. If you press this, you will get a message in the chat window of when the guild was created and how many members are in the guild.
- Open the character window. There is also a save button here near the top left corner. Clicking this button also displays a message in the chat window about what has been and has not been scanned.
- Log out, or exit WoW
Upload To Roster
- In the Roster menu, click the Update Profile button
- Click the browse button next to characterprofiler.lua, browse for your CharacterProfiler.lua data file
- This file is located at (*WoWDir*/WTF/Account/*ACCOUNTNAME*/SavedVariables/CharacterProfiler.lua)
- This file IS NOT at (*WoWDir*/WTF/Account/*ACCOUNTNAME*/*REALMNAME*/*CHARNAME*/CharacterProfiler.lua)
- There should be no file here
- This file IS NOT at (*WoWDir*/Interface/AddOns/CharacterProfiler/CharacterProfiler.lua)
- This is the addon code, not the data
- Enter Roster Admin password in the "GuildProfiler User Only" box, next to "Roster Update Password"
- Click on the Upload button
- A window should come up afer a while (it depends on how big your CP.lua file is)
- This window give an overview of members added, updated, and removed. It also gives an update summary of each character as well.
Here are some common errors that the upload page may show
- This means your CP.lua file doesn't contain a members list
- Something may have went wrong when saving the guild list in-game
- Open WoW, save the guild list again, re-upload
- If it fails again, try deleting your CP.lua file and try to re-scan
- If that doesn't work, make absolutely sure you have the latest version of CharacterProfiler and GuildProfiler
- The version of GuildProfiler used to scan the guild is older than what is specified in Roster Config
- Update to the latest version of CharacterProfiler and GuildProfiler
- If you do have the newest versions, and you still have this error, try re-scanning your guild again
- If that doesn't work, try deleting your CP.lua file and re-scan again
- If that fails, then [DBVer] isn't being set in the data file, there may be another addon interfering with CP or GP. disable all other addons and re-scan again.
- Your Guild name or Realm name are not correctly set in Roster Config
- Make absolutely sure these is correct in Roster Config
- Roster cannot find the ["Guild"] block in CP.lua
- You do not have GuildProfiler installed
- Install the GuildProfiler Addon
- Check the addon page on the character select window in WoW
- You can also type /gp in WoW and make sure "Type /help blah blah blah..." doesn't show