Adding +Defense to Alternate listings...

Here you can find plenty of help with your general coding needs and projects
If it is about a specific program, use the corresponding forum
DO NOT ask basic questions such as "How do I print a variable", use Google for that

Postby Zarnek » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:01 pm

on the alternate page where it displays your total health, mana, and armor, etc...

is there a line of code you could add in that would display each characters +defense stats? Because this would make it easier for us to view who has more defense when choosing a main tank for raids.

Thanks in advanced
Zarnek
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:46 pm

This is possible, at least in theory. The pages you want to edit are indexstat.php and memberslist.php. In the main query, you have to join in the roster_skills table on member_id the same as the one from members, skill_type = weapon skills and skill_name = defense. Then skill_level should contain the defense:max defense skill.
You can then add that field to the indexstat.php. Check the other examples in index.php and indexstat.php and the description for field definitions in memberslist.php.

The main thing I'm not sure about here is if item skill bonuses are taken in account for the values of that table. If they aren't you're gonna have to write a value function that adds the bonuses.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to General Code Help