Roster Attunement members

Download, Present, and receive support for third party WoWRoster AddOns and modifications
WoWRoster AddOns and Mods are supported by the author only
Please understand that some AddOns and Mods may require advanced skills to employ

Postby elminster » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:06 am

I was searching trought all the site for this feature and also on google but it seems that no one as think about it :P

What's the idea:

Since WoWRoster is a Magnificient feature that no serious guild can miss, since it's most than just a must, there a feature that we think it missing. Like the key tracking (who keep the track of the key each member have and the quest thery are) We didnt find any feature that can keep a track of the attunement the members got. I dont know if it can be done automaticaly, if there a vraiable who tell your attunement or not. but this feature can be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly handy when the time come to know who can participate to the raid and who can't.

Maybe the esiest way to make it is to load the roster and then edit it many for each member (like a check box or something)

It is possible to develop this addon for Wow Roster? i'm sure were not the only guild who may find this one really handy.

Thx in advance
elminster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Hannah » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:38 am

Hi elminster!

You can program whatever you want...

Take a look at the existing addons and you´ll have an idea
of how this could be done.

Take alook at this one
http://www.wowroster.net/wiki/index.php/Roster:Addon:AddonSDK

It´s really easy to use and if you have any questions just ask :)

CU

Hannah
Hannah
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Roster Attunement members

Postby sturmy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 pm

Instance keys is a good start. But the drawback is clearly that the items used as reference are obtained long after attunement itself (I'm thinking of aqual quintessence).

On the other hand, apart from your suggestion of a manual entry of a tickbox by an officer/admin I do not see how this can be done. Char Profiler only grasps a snapshot of your character at a given time, and there is no "flag" that I know of that indicates if you're attuned to MC or Naxx. A (partial) workaround could be to track when the quest is obtained & completed, but that is not foolproof (god knows there are fools out there ;-) )

In the end, I think a (small) addon managed by officers with an attumed Y/N flag on display could be a valid alternative since you only tick that once...
sturmy
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby Thumann » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:48 pm

I was trying to fix the same thing.. sadly.. afaik it's not possible to extract 'completed quests' out from wows api :(

What we've done.. is just adding a profile field where the user can click if they're attuned or not to the various instances.
Regs. Thumann
http://fc-guild.org | Go Joomla! | Author of the Joomla Integration Guide
Thumann
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Anaxent » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:55 pm

now what would be cool to see out of all of this is with in cp.... if cp had an interface ingame and had a form to check in game or for officers to check in game would be a great idea.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to AddOns and Mods