help with server name

CharacterProfiler.lua file uploading issues

help with server name

Postby hashxdh » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:37 am

so last week when bliz took a bunch of servers down for retrofitting, something wierd has happened. my server Shadow Moon, is now named Shadowmoon, but not everywhere.

On the server select screen, and in mod savedvariables its listed as Shadowmoon one word, but everywhere else, forums, server status page, etc its still listed as Shadow Moon two words.

So, when i try to upload to the roster, it uploads info from Shadowmoon, and the roster is set to Shadow Moon, so it ignores everything thats uploaded. if i change the roster to Shadowmoon, then the server status on wowroster stops working, along wth a couple other elements.

I have no clue why bliz did this, and cant get an answer in the wow forums (not that i actually expected one) so hopefully you guys can recommend somthing to get my roster working again.

Thanx in advance!
hashxdh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

help with server name

Postby PleegWat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:39 am

There is a seperate value on the realmstatus config page for these situations. Set the main server name setting to Shadowmoon, and the realmstatus one to Shadow Moon
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: help with server name

Postby hashxdh » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:07 am

thanx for that, i looked at that featue and it didnt make the connection at all earlier.

wtf bliz, you suck.

thanx again.
hashxdh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Uploading