Character Profiler/Guild Profiler Conflicting with other mod

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Character Profiler/Guild Profiler Conflicting with other mod

Postby Sorronn » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:21 pm

I am having a clear conflict between the ZHunter mod and the rpgo-CharacterProfiler and rpgo-GuildProfiler mods in game. If I disable the RPGO mods, the ZHunter stuff works.

Now I do not necessarily expect to be given the answer here but I'd like some advice. I am a programmer but have not messed with LUA much before. If someone can give me some advice on where or how to start isolating this conflict, I'd be happy to try to dive in and figure it out myself but given the complexity of these specific mods, the entire mod system itself, and not having any "best practices" to inspire me forward, I'd appreciate any tips on where to begin.

Also, if I am going to jump into LUA coding, does anyone have recommendations for good LUA programming editors or IDEs? I use Eclipse with Java and if there are plugins for that to let me get working on a LUA project, that would be best, but other editors like XEmacs, EditPlus, or something else would work too. I prefer interactive editing environments these days so any suggestions in that regard would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance! Right now I have to logout, enable the profilers, login, then scan my main character (a hunter) and then the guild before I do an upload. I'd dearly love to just leave the profiler on all the time but when it is on, all the ZHunter buttons go empty and non-functional.
Sorronn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback