My own hacked up public roster

Roster modified to work with multiple guilds, or characters with no guild
WoWRoster v2.0.0 and later now includes this feature

Postby vgjunkie » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:52 am

I toyed around with this public roster version and found it had some short comings. I decided to go ahead and start to put together my own "Public Roster", so I started with a fresh install of the normal WoW Roster and began to hack away at it.

While I"m not 100% done, I have most of the core stuff done (Except SigGen Addon and GuildBank Addon). I'd say 95% of my changes are completed. I thought I'd take the time to give you all a preview of what I was working on.

I'd like some feedback on bugs and/or ideas that might make it better. Now I work a normal job, so this is sort of a side project for me, a hobby if you will. I can't guarantee that I will accomodate any bug findings or ideas in a timely fashion, but please feel free to list things here.

http://public.roster.vgjunkie.com is where you can test it out. I have currently populated it with some of my own data.

Please also note that I will be using this site for the ongoing developement of my side project, so please don't expect the uptime of this to be 100%, nor expect everything to work. In order to prevent my database from getting too large, I will also be periodically wiping out the data and starting fresh (which might be a daily thing).

Note: It might not fully work with anything other then the enUS localization. I'll work on getting it compatible with others.

:D
Last edited by vgjunkie on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vgjunkie
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby johnnydement » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:57 pm

Looks nice, but I would prefer it to show all players, and with the option to filter as you do, but first showing all players on all servers :D

Keep the good work
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Public Roster