Addon for Flags and Attunments?

Download, Present, and receive support for third party WoWRoster AddOns and modifications
WoWRoster AddOns and Mods are supported by the author only
Please understand that some AddOns and Mods may require advanced skills to employ

Postby Joramilea » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:41 am

I hope I have this posted in the right area....

Is there an addon that will work with WoWroster that will upload a character's flags and Attunments? Like it does for the keys?

We just added Wowroster to our guild site and one of the officers has a post going with with information on it and he asked me if wowroster can track this information.

I did a search the best I could to find an addon for these but came up empty handed. Could someone help me out please?

If there isn't would someone like to take on this challenge? Cause I am not a coder and would not know where to start to write an addon that would capture this information. I don't know if this can be logged but I would assume it could cause it's a "Flag" on the character that tells the game "Yes, this character can go into this zone". So I would assume someone could write an addon.

Thanks..
and again I hope I have this in the topic.
Joramilea
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Sahasrahla » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:32 pm

The attunements aren't required to enter the zone. Anybody above level 55 (I think?) can get to the Molten Core by fighting their way to the back end of BRD. Same with BWL by going through UBRS.

The attuement is based on whether or not you have completed a particular quest. Unfortunately there is no way in the WoW API to pull which quests a character has completed to my knowledge, so there's know way to pick if your character is 'attuned' or not. You could, however, modify Character Profiler to start catching it when they turn the quest in perhaps, but it woulndn't be a retro fix for all members who are already attuned.

So unless Blizzard gives us some way to track attunements, the short answer is 'no'. I saw somebody who added attunements to their Roster homepage, then simply updated the field manually.
Sahasrahla
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby silverscout » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:47 am

An addon like that would be really good. However, I would think it would be even better once we get a login for each user can upload their own stuff.

Hmm,

Brainstorm.
Fileformat pre-determined. Someone (the members) could upload their attunements.
silverscout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby gorgeth » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:38 am

There *was* an addon like this for 1.6

It used the dialogs to determine BWL/MC attunement and potentially nax..

as well as show which segments of a given questline had been completed by a player (for ony, etc keys)

Damned if i can find it now though :(
gorgeth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby silverscout » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:17 pm

thats part of the keys. :)

However, I don't think it shows if don't have the stuff already.
silverscout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to AddOns and Mods