feature request

Dragonfly integration forum

feature request

Postby aalwein » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:02 pm

I was going through my weekly roster cleanup when I realized that this might be something other people would use, so I thought I would make a post requesting it.

What I would like to see is Wowrosterdf integrate into the forumspro module of DF. Simply put, I'd like to see the "Title" field (the guild member's in-game rank) syncronize to the forumspro member groups (the forum's groups system). Basically this will keep forum access updated based on guild rank. For the case of visitors to the site, if anyone registers that is NOT on the guild roster, they receive the lowest level of access by default. One additional modification would have to be made to accomodate giving user's who are not in the guild higher level access, though. For this, perhaps a check box option could be added that would ignore the automatic update process for selected members.

So, in steps, this is what I'd like to see.

1. Admin updates the guild roster in Wowrosterdf using update page or UU.
2. Forumspro member groups are automatically syncronized in the same update process based on the "title" field in the roster.
3. Update process ignores any user flagged as a special user (for friends of the guild, former guild members, etc.)
4. end process: roster and member groups synced

This would cut down on the time I spend going through my many member groups (which are setup exactly like the guild ranks anyway) to adjust for people who leave the guild and get promoted through the ranks. I'm sure other people who use wowrosterdf go through the same process, I just thought I'd post and ask someone to try to automate it a bit.
aalwein
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Dragonfly