Made By search not working

Guild listing of known recipes

Moderator: ds

Postby Smitty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:09 am

I looked through all the topics and did a forum search, alas to no avail :(

I jsut did a search on our made by addon. Trying to get the guild to use the roster more, i was going to link the results in our forums.

OK, the problem...

I did the search and the results were every single recipe every player that's uploaded can do. There was no return for searched items, just every item.
The only thing I have done to it is use the_happy_canibal's fix to remove duplicates, found here: http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtop ... cipes.html

Other than that, I'm at a loss. Has anyone else ran into this problem?? If so, what's the fix? If not, then I guess I'm SOL.

Thanks,

Smitty
Smitty
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Smitty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:25 pm

Bump, is there no one else that has this problem?
Smitty
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Made By search not working

Postby sturmy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:28 am

Yes. Same reasons same effects for me.

Here is the SQL query it runs for leatherworking although I've mentionned a filtering word for armor kits:
Code: Select all
select distinct r.recipe_type from roster_recipes r where r.skill_name "Travail du cuir" order by r.recipe_type asc

there is no filter taken into account in the query, I assume that's why. I didn't look in the code to check what to change
sturmy
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby Smitty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Ya know. I almost had it figured out and needed to download the original pack again. So I looked at that file and it now works.

Don't ask, I do not know :? All I know is the search works as it should. So go download the roster pack again and take that one file out and replace it on the server.
Smitty
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby microbone » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:47 am

well I have the same problem here on my roster and also triede to reupload the org. files from the pack but without any result....

Still you have the same error that the complete list is showing up!!
Typing in a item/recipe name tosearch for has no effect......it simply shows the hole list....

Somebody able to pinpoint and fix the sqlquery??
microbone
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Made By