Character Page question

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Character Page question

Postby tlou5831 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:59 am

I have a quick question that I could not find a answer to...On the character page can someone please explain the On Off user options. I am guessing what they mean but I just want to make sure.

Thank You
tlou5831
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Character Page question

Postby Luckygirl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:09 pm

I'm curious about this as well as I would ideally like each individual member to be able to have control over what is displayed. "user" makes me think it's possible? Where is this done? As the admin I can only see doing it in the "per charcater display"
Luckygirl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Character Page question

Postby PleegWat » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:26 pm

The admin can set it per user in the "per character display" section. The users will be able to do it for themselves in 1.8, as that will feature full auth capabilities.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Character Page question

Postby buhlig » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:34 am

Thats a neat feature... but one question I have about the character bank, money mail and bags has come up in my guild a lot for this site.

people dont want other people seeing what they have in their personal stuff more so now with account scammers etc out there. But would love the feature to be able to see thier own stuff when the need to see if they need something that may or may not be in thier bank...

Im guessing it would be a pain in the ass to try to code something to verify the cp.lua file let alone maybe be a security risk, but is there a way to make it when someone uploads their own profile they create a master password that locks the areas for bank, bags etc?

Just food for thought
buhlig
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback