HELP re-installation woes!

Installation issues with WoWRoster

Postby baxterrj » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:18 am

Hello,

I have previously had wowroster (lastest version) installed, configed and working properly. On one of the user uploads the DB got corupted some how - noe of the addon pages would show when you clicked on them, or most importaintly, the configuration page - just black empty space.

I decided to blow the whole directory and DB away - so using Cpanel for our domain, I deleted the user and DB on the back side. I then deleted the entire roster directory off of the server. I then re-uploaded the folder with all files - included in the lastest release AND patch. I then re-created the sql db and user, and assigned privlatges. However now when I run the install after I enter in the path for the DB, username and password and all other info that is correct and hit submit - I get a 404 page not found error using IE explorer, and just a blank page in firefox! Apparently the next page of the install app is not loading or something is not happening correctly. I checked the db to see if any new tables were made in it, and they were none. I also though that perhaps my server did not add the sql databased imeadiatly when I had so I gave it 12 hours. Nothing seems to fix this..

HELP I had it working with same settings before, but not its broken! What should I do? I'm out of ideas!
baxterrj
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby baxterrj » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:18 am

Ok, I have now also made sure both owner, and group permissions on ALL files now have read, wright, and execute - STILL same error....

its liket he install.php is not sending the next page or something... I really need help with this! As I stated before the SITE WAS WORKING, and now after I blew everyting away and reuploaded it will NOT install and I'm very frustrated. Everytyhing I try doesn't work!
baxterrj
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 am

It's very possible that your host changed something on your server
Ask if there has been any changes, upgrades, added security features, etc...

Also, make sure that they didn't move your mysql server as well, check cpanel to see if the mysql connection has changed
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: HELP re-installation woes!

Postby baxterrj » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:19 am

yes, apparently during the last week my host was upgrading all sql servers to a newer version - and that caused the problem. It also corrupted the database >.<

I have since had a "long" discussion about REQUESTING authorization before upgrading sql versions without getting my approval due to database issues.

thx much guys!
baxterrj
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Installation