Problems with addons in fresh install

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby Johrlann » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:55 am

I've been looking at options for our new guild website and am very much steering towards a WoWRoster integrated into Dragonfly. I got everything installed today and for the most part it's working fine, except for most of the addons I've tried. For a number of them (particularly ItemSets, which seems to be working on other sites running the DF version of WoWRoster) I get a "You can't access this file directly!" error on an otherwise blank page, while others, like MadeBy and Reputation, simply don't work correctly (e.g. MadeBy gives you a "did not populate list" error but displays the rest of the roster just fine).

Any help? I've poked around the settings quite a bit but I'm not seeing anything that might be affecting it, and since I see these same addons running on other DF-integrated sites, I'm pretty sure it's not the addons that are the issue.
Johrlann
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:06 pm

Yep, addons are coded to run in the standalone version of Roster

Addons have to be ported to work on any ported version of roster
I know Anaxent has converted some addons to work in WoWRosterDF, he may even respond to this post
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Johrlann » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:20 pm

K, that would explain why I see the ItemSets working on his site - I guess I figured that they pretty much just plugged in. I'll give the standalone version a shot and see how that goes. Thanks for the quick reply!
Johrlann
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:35 am

I have a few of the ported addons ready for download already and will be adding more soon.
http://wowroster.net/Downloads/c=13.html
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Problems with addons in fresh install

Postby Kalima » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:18 am

I am really interested in adding on more addons to my WoWRosterDF site. Specifically I want to add the Event Calendar addon. I know the standalone WoWRoster addons don't won't work with the integration. I see Event Calendar working this site: http://localdefence.net/index.php?name=wowrosterdf&file=addon&roster_addon_name=EventCalendar

Is there a download for more addons than what is on this site? There are only four addons as downloads on this site, and not Event Calendar. I don't know what is involved in porting over an addon, but since it looks like it has already been done, can anyone share?

Thanks.
Kalima
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Dragonfly