Just when things were going smoothly.....

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Snerk » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 pm

So new guild, second time we have had this set up (love it!), but it seems that Whenever anyone or myself in the guild try to upload we get ...

Upload Error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden

Obviously this is not a problem with the uploader (or is it?) but something with our webhost I assume. Unfortunately I am not blessed with the methodical genius that most have when it comes to this web stuff and I am not sure what I may have done or what my webhost may have done. ANyone have any ideas and possible instructions on how to rectify this?
Last edited by Snerk on Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snerk
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby azmyth » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:41 pm

thats the only thing that sucks about it. Your at the mercy of your webhost when trying to install these things. I used 8 different free hosts before I paid for space praying that it would all work right. Each host I tried had some little feature disabled that would cause weird errors. None of them would turn these features on, so I could get it to work right. They claimed it was a security issue.
azmyth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ScratchMonkey » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Start posting precise reports as these come up. There are probably ways to code around them, and some of the security issues might be real and worth investigating.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Return to General Support & Feedback