Additional BG information

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

Postby apparentbliss » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:04 pm

I love having PVPLog around, but am curious as to whether it can be modified to gather more data about battlegrounds. Specifically, the data I'm looking for is:

- in WSG, flag caps and returns
- in AB, base assaults and defenses
- in AV, graveyard assault and defense, tower assault and defense, mine caps, leaders killed, and secondary objectives

To say that the API function GetBattlefieldStatData() is underdocumented is, well, an understatement, but I think it can be used to capture this data.

Is there any plan to include this data in PVPLog?
apparentbliss
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Sahasrahla » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:46 pm

Last edited by Sahasrahla on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sahasrahla
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby mrmuskrat » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:14 pm

I can look into it.
mrmuskrat
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby mrmuskrat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:32 am

This is mainly for my benefit but who knows some one may see it and offer a better solution.

When you enter the BG, issue a GetNumBattlefieldStats() to know how many columns you have to work with. Then use SendGetBattlefieldStatInfo(index) to create a table with mappings from column name to number. When you want an update you send a RequestBattlefieldScoreData() that will later trigger the UPDATE_BATTLEFIELD_SCORE event. The event handler for that should call GetBattlefieldStatData(playerIndex,slotIndex) for the column or columns you want to find out about. You can also use name, killingBlows, honorKills, deaths, honorGained, faction, rank, race, class = GetBattlefieldScore(index) to get at the rest of the info.
mrmuskrat
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Return to PvPLog