Just wondering

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Just wondering

Postby Elethil » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:32 am

I read that they are changing the way they code the game so many ui mods will no longer work. Sounded more like they were targeting mods that exploited game play. But was just wondering what that will mean for The Roster if anything? Just a matter of updating the CP's and GP's ect?

Just currious.
Thanks in advance.
Elethil
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Just wondering

Postby nightfighter » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:50 am

The coding for CP and GP might have to change because there are some functions that are changing that I think they use, but other then that they are not the types of mods that Blizzard is objecting to. The ones they don't like are ones like Emergency Monitor in CT_Mod or one I use called Auto Rogue. These allow you to set cryteria and then you just sit there and hit one button and it does different stuff depending on the cryteria. They want the user to make the decisions all of the time about that they are doing next. So mods that provide the user more information, but don't actually do the work are between borderline and just fine to use depending on the information provided.

For example if the author's of Auto Rogue change it so it said, hit this button now, hit this button now... then that is not the information that blizzard wants a mod to give. I have another mod that gives me information about where I can buy a certain item when I mouse over it in the auction house. That one they have no problem with.
Last edited by nightfighter on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Just wondering

Postby vgjunkie » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:54 am

Yep. They don't want any mod that will automate any combat functions. Since 1.11 there have been a few functions that are "locked" down, but after TBC they are locking all combat functions so that the user will always have to do the actual action.
vgjunkie
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Just wondering

Postby Elethil » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:04 am

Yea that's about what I thought. So we won't need to worry about roster not working any longer after the xpac. Just something I thought of. thanks guy's for taking the time to reply!

cheers
Ele.
Elethil
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Return to General Support & Feedback