Spells Books 1.7.0-2

End-level spell book display, showing the spell books players have and don't have

Moderator: Ghuda

Spells Books 1.7.0-2

Postby RainRider » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:46 pm

hae, thats strange. Well, I'll have to look what is causing it.

I am sorry, I still don't understand the problem with umlauts you have. Is it with the file I attached? Please tell me that, so i could edit my post and remove the attachment (dunno if I could do that). I personaly don't have problem with it - SpellBooks on out guild roster

For the record - I use gedit on linux :)
RainRider
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Spells Books 1.7.0-2

Postby Grektar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi RainRider!

I'll try to describe my problem again. I see that your SpellBooks addon is working fine :D . Still, mine is not. Umlauts just don't show up. Instead a "?" or a "BLOCK" is displayed and so Items like the "Totem der Erdstärke" are not recognised by the addon. I had the same error with the "ItemSets" addon first. This has been solved by replacing all the umlauts in the deDE.php of ItemSets with their UTF-8 charakters (like "ä" for "ä"). Naturaly I tried the same for SpellBooks, but somehow that didn't work. No matter if I replace the umlauts myself with any editor (tried windows notepad, phase5 HTML editor and Notepad++ with UTF-8 encoding) or use your SpellBooks deDE.php, umlauts just won't show. :-(

I'm not that much into all that text formats and webserver stuff so maybe the mistake is on my side and very obvious to someone with deeper understanding of such things. :scratch: I'll try setting up SpellBooks again later today, with your deDE.php from the begining, not replacing the old one.
Last edited by Grektar on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grektar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Spells Books 1.7.0-2

Postby RainRider » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 am

Grektar,

I use the same deDE.php I attached in a previous post of mine. It works for me.
RainRider
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Spells Books 1.7.0-2

Postby Ghuda » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:39 pm

All,

Thank you for your contributions.

@Rainrider. Sorry, we all have French client so I did not make tests with multilanguages.

I once tried to download the English client and got less than 1% in several hours (if you have a place to downloaded it other than Blizzard let me know).
Ghuda
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Spells Books 1.7.0-2

Postby Grektar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:42 pm

RainRider wrote:Grektar,

I use the same deDE.php I attached in a previous post of mine. It works for me.

Hi Rainrider,

I know, I'm using your file right now aswell and by all I know and understand about the problem it should work for me too, but somehow it just doesn't. :-) :scratch:

See: http://www.drachenkinder.org/roster/add ... lassfilter
There, for me, all spells with an "Umlaut" in their name aren't displayed. It might be a local problem with the webserver, my knowledge in such things is limited and the webspace owner doesn't seem to be able to helb me either. :-(

Lets just leave it, the addon and the localisation themself seem fine! :-) Thanks again for writing it Ghuda! :-)

Grektar
Grektar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to Spellbooks