Integration

e107 integration forum

Integration

Postby harus » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:02 pm

So has anyone provided an integration solution yet, or is it still in the works?
harus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby zanix » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:33 am

There was one person that was working on it, he never released any code.
Although he did say he was close

Maybe he'll come back around and post what he's got
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Integration

Postby Brodieman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi people.

This software rocks, just got it installed on my e107 CMS powered site. The only major issue I'm having at the moment is that unless you enter the admin password it wont let users update, think it may have something to do with the phpbb bit?? but not 100% sure..

Not really a php dev, now VB, VBA, VBS etc etc not a problem.. but anyhow.. I would be really interested in testing the e107 integration when/if someone manages to create one.

Cheers

Stu
Brodieman
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby Accipiter » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

I modified a few files for use with the wrap plugin for e107

http://www.e107coders.org/download.php?view.1372

You can see the results on my site www.eroronin.com Although I have not updated to the latest roster version. I plan to do that once 1.7.1 is out. . .

I quit playing wow for a bit so was only upgrading the site as uses reported problems. I recently just rebuit my site from scratch using e107. I came up with this as a work arround since thier was no integration written for e107.

after 1.7.1 is out I will be installing and modding it. I will upload the files here. for use with the wrap plugin in e107

Basicly it is a rather simple mod though. just removing the header and footer. Changing the menu to point to modified pages, and chaning the pages to point to a modified menu.
Last edited by Accipiter on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accipiter
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby Maggotrot » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:04 pm

I have a similair mod I built for e107 that does pretty much the same thing as Accipiter's it looks like. Mine also uses the wrap plugin. I think that is the easiest solution to it.

Also I incorporated it on the 1.7 build, so it's the newer roster. I've got the modified files all packaged up. If there's interest in them I would be more than willing to provide them for download. It does take some modification of some of the core roster files however.

localization/enUS.php
admin/update.php
lib/phpbb.php

and requires you install the e107.php file in the lib directory along side the phpbb script.

I left the functionality to integrate phpbb into it because of the fact that, while I hate phpbb (with a burning passion... no really I do) I can't stand removing functionality from something. So the way it authenticates is slightly modified to allow room for e107 as an option. I also edited the config menu so it's an easy setup.

It also requires some database modification, so I should probably write an install script for it as well.

Let me know what everyone thinks and I'll write up a small tutorial for it.

Maybe some day I can write an e107 plugin that integrates the roster without requiring the wrap plugin.
Maggotrot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Tazochai » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:17 pm

anything on this?
Tazochai
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby kunwon1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:35 pm

I've got roster running in wrap with no modifications. Usable, but it could be better. I'd be interested in seeing the above-mentioned modifications, I don't need a tutorial. I'd be happy with just the modded files themselves...

dave.j.moore@gmail.com
http://www.obsidian-phoenix.org/
http://avitas.net/roster
kunwon1
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Accipiter » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:22 pm

If you just want a copy of the files for referance, here are the files I modified

http://www.eroronin.com/files/rostermod.zip

I said it was a simple mod.
Accipiter
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby Heyasuki » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:18 am

Man, I need this on my site! I downloaded the wrap pluggin and trying to figure it out now lol will take me sometime, too bad I can't use a simple plugin to load up.
Heyasuki
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby eebz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:48 am

Accipiter. Im curious as to what exactly was modified in the e107 files you provided, could you write out a small explanation? im not the best coding guru >.<
eebz
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby kunwon1 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:57 pm

Thanks a lot Accipiter, I must have missed that link in your original post somehow. I'll try this out ASAP.
kunwon1
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby filterban » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:05 pm

Does anyone know if this works with e107 0.7.7 and Roster 1.7.2/1.7.3 beta?

Using the Wrap plugin alone is painfully ugly.
filterban
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby Stug » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:23 pm

I'm also interested in integrating WoWRoster into my e107 site. Any word on a working solution for current versions of e107 and WoWRoster would be great!
Stug
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby Alisynn » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:50 am

I'd love an E107 integration. I've been using e107 for about 2 years now and when I decided to do a guild site it was only natural to use what I knew. After seeing roster I loved it but didn't like how it took over whole site page. I looked into the newer CMS but would be alot of work to switch over and I still like the configuration on 107 better myself (not to mention the selection of themes already made for it) and any security issues that still need ironing out on the newer CMS. So I'm choosing to stay with e107. Currently I'm using the wrap mod myself and have just eliminated some of the roster columns that I normally would have left to avoid it expanding the page. Also I'm not to fond of the page address now (eg...wrap.php1) was better when said roster and helped with site stats/count better.

So hopefully one more post here asking for an e107 integration will help make a difference. I tried accipiters files and had issues I'm currently running Roster 1.73 and e107 0.7.7

If anyone wants a look: Eternal Vengeance Roster
Last edited by Alisynn on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alisynn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Integration

Postby driller » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 pm

take alook at thses guys

http://rem.mmoportal.org/news.php

there plugin is for e107 i use it atm and its very good tbh
driller
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Next