Performance problems

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

Performance problems

Postby Sphinx » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:22 pm

With situations of 50 and more players combating (e.g. alterac valley) my FPS drops from 30+ to <10 , and only because of the message parsing of PvPLog.
When i disable it with "/pl disable" my FPS increases instantly.

Thats was a problem with 0.5.x and still with 0.6.0. Don't know about 0.6.1, haven't tested it yet, but looking at the files, MarsMessageParser is still beeing used.

We had a longer discussion about this last year in the old forums. The use of the Mars library got us a performance boost over the own parsing routines of the old PvPLog, so we discontinued looking for a event-driven system.

But the current parsing of all combat log messages in bigger fights cost too much performance :neutral:

Perhaps a look at e.g. SW_Stats will give a few hints, how to get infos without causing so much cpu load...
Sphinx
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Performance problems

Postby mrmuskrat » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:38 pm

I have not noticed any performance problems in AV or anywhere else. However, I am investigating an event-driven system for a different reason. Burning Crusade is supposed to do away with targetting (used in a few places in PvPLog).

I don't see how looking at SW_Stats will help since it has nothing to do with PvP.
mrmuskrat
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Performance problems

Postby shadydude » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:30 pm

There have a few problems with av recently the main thing being lag. But I dont think this is caused by PvPLog as i know plenty of people who have been suffering the same problem but dont even use PvPlog.
Go for the eyes boo go for the eyes
shadydude
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to PvPLog