GuildBank - menu_byclass, menu_alt_page are missing

phpNuke integration forum

GuildBank - menu_byclass, menu_alt_page are missing

Postby Surmon » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:39 am

I'm puzzled.

I get this error in the buttons section when I try to use the GuildBank view.

Code: Select all
Notice: Undefined index: menu_byclass in /home/pcole/public_html/modules/Roster/lib/menu.php on line 114

Notice: Undefined index: menu_alt_page in /home/pcole/public_html/modules/Roster/lib/menu.php on line 117

And these errors can be tracked back to this snippet in lib/menu.php

Code: Select all
if( $roster_conf['menu_byclass'] )
   print '        <li><a href="' . $roster_conf['roster_dir'] . '&s=class">'.$wordings[$roster_conf['roster_lang']]['byclass'].'</a></li>'."\n";

if( $roster_conf['menu_alt_page'] )
   print '        <li><a href="' . $roster_conf['roster_dir'] . '&op=indexalt">'.$wordings[$roster_conf['roster_lang']]['alternate'].'</a></li>'."\n";

What is confusing is that I find no reference to anyone else having this problem.. yet in investigating it, I find that this seems to be a problem in both the official 1.7.1 and the phpNuke port from Rahtak (http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=709.html)

Anyway.. I figured if the code was correct, then the problem is that the configuration entries are missing from the roster_config table. So I looked into the mysql_structure.sql files from both the phpNuke port and the official 1.7.1.. and did not find them listed.

So now I'm thinking maybe these options weren't supposed to be there at all in lib/menu.php and I should just delete them. Certainly I can find no field set up for similarly described options in the ConfigRoster panels...

Inspecting the lib/menu.php from the official 1.7.1 release does not show these options.. ... But thats not conclusive. I am going to comment this section out but I'm wondering if the fault is due to partial integration of alts-monitor or some other mod in the phpNuke package?
Surmon
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: GuildBank - menu_byclass, menu_alt_page are missing

Postby Rahtak » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:16 pm

those 2 value are added to database when you install. did you have any problem while installing? i realy don't see where it come from
Rahtak
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Surmon » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:33 pm

What file creates those two values? I searched the install/mysql_structure.sql for the words menu_byclass and menu_alt_page and did not find them.

If I knew where they were being created, I could simply update my sql structure and data appropriately.

I was originally suspicious that my hokey install procedure was the source of my problem... you see, what I did initialy is get the base 1.7.1 roster and installed it in my web-root folder. That was just to test it out. I liked it so much I then did more research and found that there was a phpNuke port of it.. So I went and picked up that package as well.

Problem is.. I am actualy phpNuke-Evo user and the install dosn't really work with that. But in the end, I decided hey, who cares if it doesn't install.. I've already done most of the work when I installed the base package? The database is already there.. So I went through the "manual install" step skipping the bit about installing the database since that had already been done.

So... now skip forward to the present. I know from the php code that these two configuration fields probably shoudl exist in roster_config table. And if you point me at the files which would have created them, I will happily update my sql tables manually.
Surmon
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Rahtak » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:48 am

might look in integration forum not phpnuke one there someone posting abotu nuke evo
Rahtak
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Return to phpNuke