Having Troubles Uploading my cp.lua log files

CharacterProfiler.lua file uploading issues

Postby gunto » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:48 am

So I installed my Char Profiler and have the wow roster installed on my site, however when I upload the file I get a blank update.php log window. I see someone else posted this but someone needed a screenshot so I have included one.

http://www.team-oa.com/images/wowroster.jpg
gunto
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Having Troubles Uploading my cp.lua log files

Postby gunto » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:10 am

Alright, I seem to have answered my "blank" update problem. I was using the wrong charprofile.lua file. Now when I use the correct one, it continues to tell me that my guild name is not found in the database. I double checked and both the server name and guild name are spelt exactly the same as in the .lua file.
gunto
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ThePrimaryDave » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:07 am

You said you installed Char Profiler, did you also install Guild Profiler? Did you remember to put in the guild update password (same as config password)?

Note: you still only upload the one CP.lua file; it will have guild info, too.
ThePrimaryDave
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby krystar » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:35 am

ThePrimaryDave wrote:You said you installed Char Profiler, did you also install Guild Profiler? Did you remember to put in the guild update password (same as config password)?

Note: you still only upload the one CP.lua file; it will have guild info, too.
I found my issue was this as well. mine did end up being that Wildhammer was spelled wWildHammer by me in teh config, but the cp/lua was listed correct as Wildhammer.

just an fyi if anyone has this problem as well.
krystar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Having Troubles Uploading my cp.lua log files

Postby Phobe » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 pm

Anyone having problems with uploading roster info should try logging in, and then switching realms, exiting the game after a realm switch is made.
The reasoning behind this is that GetRealmName() (used in CharacterProfiler) refers to the realmName variable in config.wtf. With earlier WoW versions, realms were spelt differently, but the name inside config.wtf does not get updated to the new one.
For example, Kil'Jaeden realm used to be stored as Kil'jaeden, so those who have never switched realms will have the old realm name unchanged.
Last edited by Phobe on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phobe
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Uploading