all works but mod updating

Support and feedback for UniAdmin

all works but mod updating

Postby neevurthLS » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:29 pm

Hey All,

Uniadmin works perfect with all my needs, except for the fact that when people use uniuploader remotely, they don't get their mods updated.
When I use it locally it works fine, so that made me think there's some ip that's being sent out that's wrong.

heres an example of a remote uniuploader debug log.
you can see it can connect to uniadmin, but uniadmin is giving out the internal host to uniuploader as the location for the addons.

Now I set the Synchronization URL (click to verify) to: http://nevurthls.mine.nu/uniadmin/interface.php

which didn't help, I also changed it to my (temporary) external ip and that didn't help either.

I hope some of you know what's wrong.

regards,

Maarten

ps the server is behind a router, so the internal ip address given in the log is the actual ip of the system. I guess theres a value that looks that up and prints that which needs changing, but where...

[2006-11-06 10:14:59] Now updating: MyRolePlay
[2006-11-06 10:14:59]
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: url: http://nevurthls.mine.nu/uniadmin/interface.php
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: param1: OPERATION
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: val1: GETADDON
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: param2: ADDON
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: val2: MyRolePlay
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: Timeout: -1
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] http://192.168.1.95/uniadmin/addon_zips/MyRoleplay.zip
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] RetrData: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[2006-11-06 10:14:59]
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] Addon Retrieval Response:
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] http://192.168.1.95/uniadmin/addon_zips/MyRoleplay.zip
[2006-11-06 10:14:59] File Name: MyRoleplay.zip
Last edited by neevurthLS on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
neevurthLS
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:18 pm

all works but mod updating

Postby neevurthLS » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:00 pm

I actually just got it to work with a very dirty trick, and am still curious what the 'proper' way would have been to handle this.

in interface.php I edited the last part, and had it replace the localhost ip with the proper one:

* Echos an addon's download URL
*/
function output_url( $addonName )
{
global $db;

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `".UA_TABLE_ADDONS."` WHERE `name` = '".$db->escape($addonName)."';";
$result = $db->query($sql);
if( $db->num_rows($result) > 0 )
{
$row = $db->fetch_record($result);
$newurltest = str_replace("192.168.1.95", "nevurthls.mine.nu",$row['dl_url']);
echo $newurltest;

}
$db->free_result($result);
}
Last edited by neevurthLS on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neevurthLS
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:18 pm

all works but mod updating

Postby MattM » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:01 am

ahh yea anything starting with 192.168 is an "internal" ip address and is inaccesible over the internet, and only accessible via your home or office network, which is why you were able to use it and nobody on the outside network, aka "over the internet".

You need to set your apachi, iis, or whatever server software you're using to report the server name as nevurthls.mine.nu instead of 192.168.1.95, or it is something else related to your network configuration i suspect.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: USA


Return to UniAdmin

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron