update.php problems

phpNuke integration forum

update.php problems

Postby Khazeron » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:53 am

I got all of it uploaded and all but I've run into 2 problems. One, everytime I try to upload char/guild information , and it takes me to the Save PHP Log or Save SQL log and I hit Save, I get a 404 Error saying update.php can't be found on this server. Yes I've exported the information right, and all that. Yes, I ever put in the file, typed in the password where officers sign in and hit that upload, it takes me to the Save log screen and soon as I hit one, I get the 404 error again.

I even tried turning off the update.php going to the PHPBB option, but all that did was make WOW Roster not visable at all.

I'm really confused atm and don't know what to do. So close yet so far to getting it set up.

Lastly, the 2nd problem, and I've been having this problem with EVERY THEME i try to use for my PHP BB forum....it doesnt integrate right, it has icons missing, the text is black and cant read it unless highlighted with mouse, ect ect....well I'm having this problem with WOW Roster as well and no idea how to fix it.

I'm new to PHP (obviously) and we are trying to get our guild site going. We worked years without one so we decided maybe we should get one....to bad we are all newbs when it comes to it :p

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Khazeron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: update.php problems

Postby Pescao » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:26 pm

I had the same problem, and I search in the update.php and found it.

The problem is an error in the directory estructure.

Find three times this line:

Code: Select all
         print '<form method="post" action="update.php" name="post">'."\n";

And replace with:

Code: Select all
         print '<form method="post" action="'.$roster_dir.'/admin/update.php" name="post">'."\n";

Remember that you must change three times this line (one for the error button, one for the log, and one for the sql log)

I hope this help you, and sorry for my english but I'm spanish
Last edited by Pescao on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image El Pescao Image
Pescao
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to phpNuke