Guildless Charaters Non importable?

Installation issues with WoWRoster

Postby rubikante » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:20 am

Hello,

I feel my problem is relatively simple but complicated.

I quit playing wow, and I wanted to show some people what equipment etc I had on my characters. I previously installed character profiler and have a large saved variable with several characters in it.

Unfortunately I left the guild i was in before I did this so there's no guild info in the Characterprofiler.lua.

I wish to just host this site so that any character can be uploaded. It continues to ask me for a guild and then to create the memberslist but I don't know what to do with this. My LUA file does have 1 character with a guild left in it, but the roster page still won't pick it up. Please help me or correct my lua so it will import properly. It is located here http://rubikante2.awardspace.com/CharacterProfiler.lua

It's a fresh install of WOWRoster and maybe i missed something? I've tried everything i could find in the documentation. I just want to host my characters on a website.

Thanks.
Attachments
characterprofiler.lua
(344.96 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
rubikante
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:14 am

Roster > (FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions > Can I have multiple guilds/servers/allegiances?
In a nutshell, the current roster is not designed to handle multi-server, multi-guild, a collection of random characters, or multi-allegiance/faction (horde AND alliance) setups.

However, for Roster 1.8 this will be possible
Expected release is around the time TBC is released

For the mean time you can use a 3rd party hack of Roster to allow this
Roster > 3rd-party AddOns and Mods > Public Roster
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to Installation