GuildStats

A "By the Numbers" breakdown of your guild members

Moderator: nightfighter

GuildStats

Postby nightfighter » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:14 am

This addon provides a way of looking at your guild by the numbers. It counts your members, figures out which class has the most and least members and overall gives you an idea of where you might want to concentrate your recrutement efforts.

Here is an example of the page: Casual Gamerz Guild Stats Page

The addon will start working the minute you copy the files into the addon's directory. It is self contained, uses existing data and is easily translated.

This addon only comes with the english version of the page (sorry, only language I know). bu I tried to make it so anyone with the knowledge can translate it to other languedges. There is a localization directory in the addon and it contains the enUS.php file. To make your own, just copy it, rename it, translate the strings and save it back into the same directory. The addon is written to automatically include any php files in this directory. If you do translate the addon, please upload your translation for the rest of us to enjoy.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: GuildStats

Postby Ansgar » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:30 am

This is very nice and I'd like to have it on my rosters (I manage 3 guilds) and to translate it in French .... but where is the file?
Ansgar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

GuildStats

Postby nightfighter » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:13 am

All of the files to download are in the download folders. The You will find this one here:

Roster Addons Download Page
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

GuildStats

Postby wildlord » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:44 pm

Great addon, but...

the file "menu.php" is missing into zipped file.
unable to use without.

It's pretty simple to create:

Code: Select all
<?php

$config['menu_name'] = 'guildstats';
$config['menu_min_user_level'] = 0;
$config['menu_index_file'] = array();

$config['menu_index_file'][0][0] = '';
$config['menu_index_file'][0][1] = $wordings[$roster_conf['roster_lang']]['guildstats'];

?>

Please chech it and include into archive ;)
wildlord
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

GuildStats

Postby Eurynome » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:06 pm

Love the AddOn, however... :P

As wildlord said, it doesn't work without the menu.php. (Created one from his code above)..

and I'm getting the message:
Notice: Undefined index: Druid in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: Hunter in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: Mage in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: Priest in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: Rogue in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: Shaman in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: Warlock in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: Warrior in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

http://www.beerbrotherhood.com/roster/a ... guildstats
Last edited by Eurynome on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eurynome
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby nightfighter » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:01 am

wildlord wrote:Great addon, but...

the file "menu.php" is missing into zipped file.
unable to use without.

This has now been added to the zip file. Sorry for the problem. :) Missed copying it from my server.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby nightfighter » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:08 am

Eurynome wrote:Love the AddOn, however... :P

As wildlord said, it doesn't work without the menu.php. (Created one from his code above)..

and I'm getting the message:
Notice: Undefined index: Druid in /home/beerbro/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 487

It seems there is the possibliity that the icons are not always defined in the roster's localization files for all languages. I have fixed this by adding this code:

if(isset($wordings[$language]['class_iconArray'][$text]))
         $icon_name = $wordings[$language]['class_iconArray'][$text];

at line 487 instead of

$icon_name = $wordings[$language]['class_iconArray'][$text];

You can either go in and modify your file or just download it again and put it up there.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Tsikura » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:09 am

Still gives that error with the latest zip

Notice: Undefined variable: icon_name in /home/xxxxx/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 489
Tsikura
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Smoke » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:06 am

I concure - I get the same error..

Probably need to declare something in menu.php..

Or upload the file.. :)

Notice: Undefined variable: icon_name in /home/thedoom/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 489

Notice: Undefined variable: icon_name in /home/thedoom/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 489

Last edited by Smoke on Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby shadow4860 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:07 am

I'm recieving the same error. I've checked line 487 on the gstats.php file, and it does include the updated code.
shadow4860
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

GuildStats

Postby IslandStyle » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:01 am

I'm getting the same error
Notice: Undefined variable: icon_name in /home/kalimdor/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 489

Notice: Undefined variable: icon_name in /home/kalimdor/public_html/roster/addons/guildstats/gstats.php on line 489

http://kalimdortribe.com/roster/addon.p ... guildstats
IslandStyle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

GuildStats

Postby ScratchMonkey » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:40 pm

The current zip file contains an extraneous empty localization directory (subdirectory of addons) that shouldn't be there.

After installation, I get an empty stats table:

http://matureasskickers.net/wowroster/a ... guildstats
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby zeryl » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:03 am

In Firefox (haven't check IE), there are little "pips" all over the screen.

While investigating, it looks like you are closing each table twice, once in tableFooter, and once in the actualy $content blocks.

Removing the tableFooter fixes it, as well as jus removing the border('syellow','end') in the tableFooter.
zeryl
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby nightfighter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:05 am

ScratchMonkey wrote:The current zip file contains an extraneous empty localization directory (subdirectory of addons) that shouldn't be there.

After installation, I get an empty stats table:

http://matureasskickers.net/wowroster/a ... guildstats

Hmm, can you check again? I just downloaded the zip on a machine that I have not had it on before and it was in there. There should be a 'enUS.php' file placed in that directory.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby nightfighter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:31 am

shadow4860 wrote:I'm recieving the same error. I've checked line 487 on the gstats.php file, and it does include the updated code.

Ok, :) Found the problem. I will have an update for this later tonight as I can't do it where I am now.

If you want to fix it yourself then go to line 485 and add just before it:

$icon_name = '';

I have a hard time testing this as mine does not error, so I am depending on the error you get and what the code says.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Next

Return to GuildStats