WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Dragonfly integration forum

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Ryhxion » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:44 pm

I'd be willing to test it too, I just have to get WoWroster 1.7.2 DF installed in my dragonfly site and it will be able to go live for my guild.
Ryhxion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Anaxent » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:18 pm

I have started working on the new port for wowrosterDF i will post beta code to the forums soon. I promise I will finish everything this time around and not keep this project beta forever. I have some great ideas going into this new version of roster and have a better understanding on how DF functions now.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby johnnydement » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:40 pm

Those are pretty cool news, take your time, ignore pression and do it great ;)
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby RottGutt » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:05 pm

Anaxent wrote:I have started working on the new port for wowrosterDF i will post beta code to the forums soon. I promise I will finish everything this time around and not keep this project beta forever. I have some great ideas going into this new version of roster and have a better understanding on how DF functions now.

That is great news! Thank you for all you do for us!

RottGutt
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby mdeshane » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:14 pm

I don't use WoWRosterDF but I did look at the methods of porting roster into DragonFly (WoWRosterDF 1.7.1) for the Xoops port.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your changes and how I can integrate similar ones into Xoops.
Accounts Addon - Roster v2 User Account Addon

PKC Dev Site - http://dev.pkcomp.net
My Roster Dev Site - http://myroster.dontexist.net
mdeshane
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Khadgar (PvE) - US

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Ryhxion » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:16 am

any timeframe when this will be ready for beta?
Ryhxion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby RottGutt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Just a "heads-up"... DragonFly CMS v9.1.1 was just released today. I am thinking that this might delay the release of WoWRosterDF v1.7.2, but better safe than sorry to make sure it works correctly with the latest Dragonfly CMS!

RottGutt
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Anaxent » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:43 pm

oh boy... well I have been building this version from RC2 so this may not effect me much but I will be upgrading my server enviorment to v9.1.1 just to make sure and then will advise all users that will be using the next version of WoWRosterDF that you should also upgrade.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby johnnydement » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:33 pm

sure it's not the best thread for this... but any easy way to upgrade without losing changes? like itemstats and the video hack?
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Anaxent » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:53 pm

ah.. itemsets and video hack I just may include.... or just make a backup of the files that needed the changes /includes/nbbcode.php and then the javascript as well. I know all these upgrades are a pain in the ars. I have even thought of packaging up my own version of df with all my modifications as well that would include rosterdf but this is still just a thought.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Ryhxion » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 pm

now that would really rock..... this new DF version really puts me in a crunch tho (I am still using ver 9.0.6.1), I have to have my guild website live before the expansion hits, and I am wary about upgrading with all of the mods and customization I have done to the site already, especially after reading the bug report forums posts on the DF site today. I may just use the standalone WoWroster as a seperate site for now, upgrading DF may see me with alot of headaches this close to my guild council wanting the new site live by the time Burning Crusade hits. hanks for all your hard work tho!
Last edited by Ryhxion on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryhxion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby johnnydement » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:56 pm

noo, don't say me I will ahve to uninstall my current DF to install roster :(

So, for the upgrade jsut file replacing is enought? no changes on the databases?
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Ryhxion » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:09 pm

not sure, seems like everyone was using RC releases, I was using 9.0.6.1 becuase it was the "stable" version. I am sure the new DF version rocks, but I know my luck with upgrading stuff, and ebing new to PHP and such, I dont wanna spend the next week "hacking" files to fix things when I already have a to do list a mile long just in requested/needed functionality for the site. Besides all that, I already have my user database converted over from phpBB, along with all of the forums posts.... and I remember seeing one post where the upgrade wiped the forums posts already on the old DF install... I'll stick with 9.0.6.1 until the bug reports are resolved and less individual file hacking is required to upgrade.
Ryhxion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby robojerk » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:09 pm

johnnydement wrote:noo, don't say me I will have to uninstall my current DF to install roster :(

So, for the upgrade just file replacing is enough? no changes on the databases?

Considering expansion is next week if you had to choose an ideal time to uninstall & reinstall roster this is pretty good. A lot of guilds I know are splitting, reforming, or re-rolling because of the new 25 man raid cap. I hope I brought some silver lining in having to reinstall roster.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

WoWrosterDF 1.7.2

Postby Ryhxion » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:12 pm

actually, I havent upgraded to the new roster version yet, was waiting til the last minute for that actually, was the new DF version I was refering to. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread...lol
Ryhxion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Dragonfly