New to WoWRoster

Installation issues with WoWRoster

New to WoWRoster

Postby zhealot » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:14 pm

Thanks to all who view this post.

I have created a DB with a username and password but myphpadmin wants me to create at least one field and I did not think that this was necessary for roster to install. From what I have read you just need a blank db so roster can work it's magic. My other issue is that when I run the install.php file I get a crazy page that is nothing like what the install screen should look like. I am on a provider with the following versions of items:

mysql 12.22 / dist 4.0.16
perl v5.8.3
php 4.4.1

The page that gernerates from the install.php is a series of insane code / error messeges. I guess my question is has anyone else ran into this problem and know how to correct it. If you all need more info please let me know so I can help you help me get it working.
zhealot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: New to WoWRoster

Postby Scorn » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:19 pm

http://www.wowroster.net/wiki/index.php ... ing_Roster

Has all the info you need. With the crazy error messages, all the files might not be in the server. I know from my personal experience that a lot of web server like to time out before receiving all the files needed. You'll especially see this when installing the image pack.
Scorn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: New to WoWRoster

Postby zhealot » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:26 am

Thanks a lot, and I appreciate the help. I will view the link asap and be back if I have any more questions.
zhealot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Installation