2.1.0 Error upon logging in

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

2.1.0 Error upon logging in

Postby jcanker » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:55 am

After an install of PvPLog 2.1.0, I receive the following error message upon logging in:

Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to concatenate local 'msg' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]:?
PvPLog\PvPLog.lua:2001:PvPlogChatMsgCyan()
PvPLog\PvPLog.lua:59:PvPLogOnLoad()
[string "PvPLogFrame:OnLoad"]:2:
[string "PvPLogFrame:OnLoad"]:1

I had been using PvPLog (the Oct ver...0.6.x I believe?) but as of the WoW 2.0 patch I had moved all my addons to a folder outside of the WoW directory, so this *should* be a fresh install :)

Is this something I need to tweak or something that's just a new "feature" in the version released today? ;)
jcanker
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: 2.1.0 Error upon logging in

Postby bsmorgan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:09 pm

This is a strange error. Looking at the stack trace (thanks for that) it appears that this is an error on printing the message PVPLOG_STARTUP which is defined in localization.lua.

I'm a bit suspicious of your installation or your download. What locale of World of Warcraft are you using? Which link did you follow to get the zip file? Are there any errors in the file World of Warcraft\Logs\FrameXML.log related to PvPLog?

There should be 12 files in World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\PvPLog including localization.lua which should be 13K bytes in size.

I downloaded all the zip files from this site and verified that they are correct and I loaded PvPLog on my laptop which normally has no addons and I failed to get this error. I'm confused...

Regards,

Brad
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Postby jcanker » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:43 pm

I'm on a US server, Stormreaver. I downloaded the files from the link on this site.

Last night I wiped the PvPLog folders (both the download location and the interface/addons/pvplog) clean and downloaded it again. I'll try it again and double check the download with the info you provided, just in case--it was late, after all :)
jcanker
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby jcanker » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm

The first time I used the top file (with the .de extension on the mirror site name). This time I used the 2nd file--the one with the 2 at the beginning of the file name. This one works just fine for me. Thanks for keeping alive a great addon--and taking it away from cli only! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
jcanker
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to PvPLog