Guild upload Problems

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Re: Guild upload Problems

Postby keldrak » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:41 pm

AnthonyB wrote:
keldrak wrote:I'm seeing more posts to this problem, I'd bet most of them are on windows IIS servers.

Why do you say that?

I run IIS6 with PHP 5.1.4 in a very standard configuration and haven't come across any upload problems in testing?

stupid guess... Mine's on IIS6 with php5.0.4

I don't have console or admin access so I can't see the config. I have no proof that it's related. I think one other person mentioned being on IIS, but that may have been on the old forums.
keldrak
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby kenn » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:09 pm

keldrak wrote:
kenn wrote:So, this isn't working for me. I'm trying to re-install RPGCO and RPGGO and try again.

Edit: Yeah even with the new addons, and the little change in the luaparser.php file, I'm still not able to update. Please help.

can you provide more information by chance? I'm sure the mods would point you to
http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=2.html

What kinda of information is needed? And why would I be pointed to the rules? It's on the same topic, the fix didn't work.

Anyways, I have it installed, my diag is perfectly fine with no errors (meaning phpbb.php is patched, as well as luaparser.php). I try to upload the GuildProfile.lua via the character profile box to update my guild. I put in the password and click upload. Nothing happens, so I tried both the characterprofile.lua from the WTF folder and the Interface folder. The WTF folder (from what I understand) is the right one. It will merely show me a message that the characters can not be found in the guild. It all makes sense, but I just can't get my guild to be updated! I think theres going to be a fix on uploading the guildroster.lua in 1.7.1. Either way, thats my problem
kenn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby keldrak » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:25 am

kenn wrote:
keldrak wrote:
kenn wrote:So, this isn't working for me. I'm trying to re-install RPGCO and RPGGO and try again.

Edit: Yeah even with the new addons, and the little change in the luaparser.php file, I'm still not able to update. Please help.

can you provide more information by chance? I'm sure the mods would point you to

What kinda of information is needed? And why would I be pointed to the rules? It's on the same topic, the fix didn't work.

Anyways, I have it installed, my diag is perfectly fine with no errors (meaning phpbb.php is patched, as well as luaparser.php). I try to upload the GuildProfile.lua via the character profile box to update my guild. I put in the password and click upload. Nothing happens, so I tried both the characterprofile.lua from the WTF folder and the Interface folder. The WTF folder (from what I understand) is the right one. It will merely show me a message that the characters can not be found in the guild. It all makes sense, but I just can't get my guild to be updated! I think theres going to be a fix on uploading the guildroster.lua in 1.7.1. Either way, thats my problem

Sorry. Since you were not the OP of the thread, We can't assume what your problem/symptoms are. The CP.lua you want is in the WTF folder. When in game, do a "/gp export" and see if you get a response.
keldrak
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby kenn » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:01 am

keldrak wrote:
kenn wrote:
keldrak wrote:

Sorry. Since you were not the OP of the thread, We can't assume what your problem/symptoms are. The CP.lua you want is in the WTF folder. When in game, do a "/gp export" and see if you get a response.

Ok (after all these quotes :)) I finally got it. It's very confusing to me, and I'm sure other people could find it difficult as well. When updating the guild, you need to use the character profiler. I don't even see a use in the guild profiler. When uploading your guild roster, make sure you use the /WTF/ folder CharacterProfiler.lua then enter the password and go. It really confused me, seeing how it would only look like a character profile. Once that's done then everything should work. Sorry for the trouble :(
kenn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild upload Problems

Postby ViridianMight » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:37 pm

This thread just made me fall in love with the Search engine.
ViridianMight
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to General Support & Feedback