Update on Progress?

Roster modified to work with multiple guilds, or characters with no guild
WoWRoster v2.0.0 and later now includes this feature

Update on Progress?

Postby Shadow_Wolf » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:38 pm

I like how WoW Roster is set up. It reminds me a lot of Magelo which we used a lot when we played EQ. My wife and I wanted a way for our friends and I to keep track of our characters, what each other needs, etc and WoW Roster was great.... with one issue. It dealt only with the Guild. Those not in a guild weren't able to be tracked.

WoW Roster 1.7.2 seems to be working fine and doesn't appear to be any issues that I've seen so far. So is there any idea on how long it will be before there will be an updated Public Roster release?

Thank you.
Shadow_Wolf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Update on Progress?

Postby [PUPPETS]Gonzo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:41 pm

The Problem is, that the Guild Roster is not designed to pickup several chars from several guilds. According to a post from Ulminia, he is ill at the moment. His beta roster works pretty well but still has some issues.

But I hope, we can provide a working public roster soon :)
[PUPPETS]Gonzo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Update on Progress?

Postby Shadow_Wolf » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:01 pm

I'm by far not an expert at coding, I'm more familar with minor editing. It seems that RPG Character pulls the file out. So whatever check the update.php profiler makes to check guild.... if that is the issue, it would seem there should be a way to omit the Guild tracking part. I don't need to know what guild they are in or if they are guildless... in fact the guild function part of it doesn't need to work.

Only thing that I liked was the way it showed bank, mailbox, character information, recipes, etc so that other players could track where their friends were or what items they needed.

I saw the post from Ulminia, so he was sick... hopefully nothing serious. Our family got sick over the holidays too. This has been the only thing I've seen though that seems to track that information in a website display.
Shadow_Wolf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Update on Progress?

Postby [PUPPETS]Gonzo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:05 pm

unfortunatly it's a bit more of work than just to take out some checks for the guild. Displaying relays on several data structures, too. Not easy but should be makeable :)
[PUPPETS]Gonzo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Update on Progress?

Postby Ulminia » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:21 pm

sorry for the delay guys i spent 5 days in the hospital im ok i need more rest ial be doing a full recode of 1.7.2 now thats its out i hope by monday to have it ready... sorry for all the delay i allso have the roster galorey to finish as well.. and still looking for a beta tester or to for it/...
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Update on Progress?

Postby Shadow_Wolf » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Well don't overwork yourself after getting out in the hospital. Waiting a few days is fine just was curious about an update. ^_^

If you need a beta tester though I'd be happy to sign up.... once you are feeling better.
Shadow_Wolf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Public Roster