phpnuke 7.6 and Roster 1.7.2

phpNuke integration forum

Postby orophin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:56 pm

I have nuke on my site and roster as well. Right now they are not integrated together, and I'm not sure I really want them to be. What I'm looking for is a way to get a link to roster in phpnuke in the modules section. That way my users can just navigate from nuke to roster easily.

Any tips?
orophin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Zartose » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Here is what I did.

I placed Roster in a folder called Roster1 in Modules, now you could have placed it any where really so long as you know where to place it.

I then created another folder called Roster and in this Roster I placed the following code.
Code: Select all
<?php

$URL="http://www.yourwebiste.com/Roster1/index.php";
header("Location: $URL");
exit;

?>

All this does is create a link directly from a label in your Modules Block to the normalized website that is Roster without integration. Drop this Folder into your Modules folder in phpNuke and your done.

I did go back and re-theme the Roster page to match my website some what and the header links back to the homepage on my site. Otherwise it was pretty easy.

You will have to remember to go into the Roster config and correctly point things where they are on your site.

I hope this helps anyone else that runs into this.
Last edited by Zartose on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zartose
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby nitaka » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Zartose, this piece of code works fine, thanks! It is a general help for integrating s.th into the modules menu.

The only thing I would really love to have is that the roster isn't displayed into the current window or tab but into a new window or (if the browser supports it) into a new tab. Also the window or tab were pnpnuke is currently displayed shouldn't change (tried a few tricks with javascript) or go blank.

Any help on that?

Displaying the roster into the phpnuke structure would even be better but not what I am looking for atm.

So what do I need to add to the code above in order to open the url in a new window/tab?

Thanks for your patience to my poor programming knowledge.
nitaka
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: phpnuke 7.6 and Roster 1.7.2

Postby Ghostmaster » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:36 am

nitaka wrote: <cut>
Displaying the roster into the phpnuke structure would even be better but not what I am looking for atm.

So what do I need to add to the code above in order to open the url in a new window/tab?

Thanks for your patience to my poor programming knowledge.

Looking for a iFrame integration too
Ghostmaster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to phpNuke