Invitation to test Public Roster 1.72

Roster modified to work with multiple guilds, or characters with no guild
WoWRoster v2.0.0 and later now includes this feature

Postby tankster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:00 pm

month and a half since last post, is this project dead?

seems to run smooth enough for most of our purposes, any chance of a beta release?
tankster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 pm

[PUPPETS]Gonzo used to hang out in our IRC chat room asking what parts of Roster do what so he could get this working
But I haven't seen him active for a few weeks now, he's in the room, just never talks
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby tankster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:47 pm

i read in another post that public like features would be included in the next version of wowroster, is this still the plan? any details would be appreciated.
tankster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:09 am

tankster wrote:i read in another post that public like features would be included in the next version of wowroster, is this still the plan? any details would be appreciated.

For Roster 2
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Invitation to test Public Roster 1.72

Postby Melliandra » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:52 pm

zanix wrote:[PUPPETS]Gonzo used to hang out in our IRC chat room asking what parts of Roster do what so he could get this working
But I haven't seen him active for a few weeks now, he's in the room, just never talks

Hmmm... if he somehow reads this, I'd suggest he just releases a Beta version, even if there are some quirks left... even if he does not have the time to work more on it right now... the test-version runs fine enough for practical purposes...

Melliandra
Melliandra
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tankster » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:04 am

well, since this mod seems to be dead, can any of the devs for the current (guild only) version gives us any input on how we canpatch the laster version of pub roster to work with the current version of WoW?
tankster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Melliandra » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:56 pm

tankster wrote:well, since this mod seems to be dead, can any of the devs for the current (guild only) version gives us any input on how we canpatch the laster version of pub roster to work with the current version of WoW?

Hmmm, I don't understand why the author of the public roster 1.72 cannot just release the version installed on his website "as is", even if there are bugs? It would be fine enough for me... surely it cannot take more than a few minutes to pack it together and upload it...

Melliandra
Melliandra
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Dors » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:24 pm

tankster wrote:well, since this mod seems to be dead, can any of the devs for the current (guild only) version gives us any input on how we canpatch the laster version of pub roster to work with the current version of WoW?

I've been following this thread for some time now. Public Roster is broken since mid december when patch 2.0 was introduced into the game. I was hoping for a working version since that day, but obiviously it will remain a wish and I fail to understand the logic behind the "no beta code for the public" attitude.

So, to sum it up, I have the same feeling like you: Public Roster is dead. I'll have to live with that rudimentary function Blizzard's new "The Armory" provides until the WoWRoster devs finish Version 2.
Dors
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Melliandra » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:52 pm

Dors wrote:

I've been following this thread for some time now. Public Roster is broken since mid december when patch 2.0 was introduced into the game. I was hoping for a working version since that day, but obiviously it will remain a wish and I fail to understand the logic behind the "no beta code for the public" attitude.

So, to sum it up, I have the same feeling like you: Public Roster is dead. I'll have to live with that rudimentary function Blizzard's new "The Armory" provides until the WoWRoster devs finish Version 2.

Well, the version which is demo'd on the URL earlier in this thread DOES work, also with WoW 2.0 stuff !!! So why not just releasign the code for this version???

Melliandra
Melliandra
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tankster » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

yeah, i realize that wow 2.0 broke the old version, but there is a version out that, advertised in this thread, that seems to work quite well (well enough for my needs, just for friends in different guilds to use for avatar/sigs).

i hate the armoury, while i like the fact that it doesnt require users to upload info to a website, it is so bloated and overdone that it loads extremely slow. a simple UI like WoWroster is much better suited for this kind of info IMHO.
tankster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby GLShadowcreep » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:47 am

Looks good for me I would love to run it on my website. I would even help out with the few bugs there! Only down side is my server admin will not update the GD Libary o well dont relly need sigs! PPLLZZZ update
GLShadowcreep
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to Public Roster