No Screenshot folder exits

Upload screen shots for display in Roster

Moderator: Ulminia

Postby zhealot » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:45 pm

I have a question reguarding the screenshot folder. The gallery is installed but is unable to create a screenshot folder. Does anyone know if there is a chmod permission that I need to change on one of the .php scripts or to what location I need to create a screenshot folder (and chmod permission) in to make this addon work.

this is the error I get on the gallery admin page:

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for screenshots (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGalleryNew/functions.php on line 419

please advise and thanks guys for the awesome work with all the WoWRoster and addons. It has made life more interesting and fun having more cool things to play with.
zhealot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:36 pm

I need to know what version are you using and you have tio have permishion on your server to use the mkdir command with php check your php info and once agian give me the version that you are using and we can trouble shoot this i posted a topis in a sticky about bug reports and ial also need your servers address so i can verafi the issue with & heml tags i have created in some versions to post errors
Last edited by Ulminia on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Re: No Screenshot folder exits

Postby zhealot » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:59 pm

The version that I am using is 1.7.0 and I have the ability to mkdir and changing permissions. This is the address to the roster page for our guild:

heirs page

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
zhealot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:49 pm

ok the addon is version 2.1 i beleave 2.2 is in the downlads section other whise wait till friday for the release of Roster Gallery 2.5 and try that also if thge folder wont create make it in the base roster dir chmod 777 so it has full access and uploads can happen
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby zhealot » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:22 am

Thanks for the input. Keep up the great work!
zhealot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby vallan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:44 pm

I myself am having troubles with this. I've even gone in and by hand created a screenshots folder. website is:

Illegal Burrito Roster

Could you please help?
vallan
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:31 pm

see main post 2.5 relesed
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby zhealot » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:38 pm

OK, i have installed the new gallery and I now get this error when the script tries to mkdir screenshots folder:

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/): Permission denied in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 152

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/): Permission denied in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/thumbs/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat1/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat2/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat3/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat4/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat5/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat6/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat7/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat8/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat9/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Warning: mkdir(screenshots/cat10/): No such file or directory in /home/heirsoft/public_html/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 129

Install Messages
Could not create Screenshot folder

Install was successfull...
Click HERE to continue

I have manually created the folder.. no luck. The chmod permission is 755. Any help would be great. Thanks
zhealot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 pm

folder screenshots and i point agian "screenshots" must be in the roster base dir with the index.php for the roster and after so you may create the subdirectories as well make sure you get spelling right.....
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby zhealot » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:22 pm

Another super job by the WoWRoster team and helpers. Ininstalled and removed sql entries. Then I changed the chmod permissions on the gallery folder to 777. Reinstalled and it is a gem of an addon for roster. Thanks everyone for the help!

Z
zhealot
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby vbdh » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:36 am

ok i have done all that you have said and im getting this

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10018 is not allowed to access screenshots/ owned by uid 48 in /var/www/vhosts/thrillseekers.live-host.org/httpdocs/roster/addons/RosterGallery25/functions.php on line 767

now i think this has something to do with safe mode ( i dont now anything about php ) so how do i go about undoing the safe mode so i can get this working

Website here
vbdh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:36 pm

that error has issues to do with your host i do beleave contact them and thay can make the nessasery changes
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Return to Roster Gallery