Weird virus pop error when on roster

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Elethil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:03 am

I'm running Norton Antivirus version 9 corprate addition at home. And as of yesterday I noticed when I go on to my roster I get a real time protection message that something in my browser cach (firefox) or something in my temp internet files (IE7) was found and deleted. I've cleared both my cache and temp internet files and went back to the roster and it comes up everytime. The only thing I changed as of yesterday on our roster is the parser that was modified due to the 2.0.3 patch. but I don't know how that would cause an issue. I did do an update last night before I noticed this accuring. However when I go onto the roster from here (work) running mcaffee I don't get anythig popping up.

Anyone here use Norton see this or is it just something with me? Thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.
Elethil
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby PleegWat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:01 am

I don't run norton myself. Can it quarantine the file, and can you upload the quarantined file here, so we can take a look at what it is?
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Weird virus pop error when on roster

Postby Elethil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:56 am

It say's quarantien faild but it dose delte it. The problem is everytime I go to the roster it re caches whatever it is and pops up again. I'm asking around to other members that may use norton to see if there getting the same thing. I don't know the file off hand. I"ll have to check it again when I get home. sorry. Just odd that it just started happening.

Thanks.
El
Elethil
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Elethil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:39 pm

I had another guildie that uses norton corprate addition try. he siad that it keeps crashing his browser and he get's a norton popup that say's it found something called downloader.

I did a diag of my site and it found one critical item in the roster addons dir called roster_addons_go_here.txt but when I ftp out to my server I don't see that txt file. So I did a download of update package and upped that file to my addons dir and did a diag again and that critical issue is gone. Not sure if that's anything to do with what's happening. Dosn't seem like this would be anything to do with my roster having a virus in it.

Would me wiping all of my roster files and upping them to the server maybe help?
Last edited by Elethil on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elethil
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby PleegWat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:05 pm

Wiping and reinstalling might help. Can you try going to some other people's rosters, check if you get the same message there? EG mine is at http://leegwater-68.demon.nl/Roster/
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Elethil » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 pm

I can't from work. Since I don't get the virus message since im not using nortons here. But i"ll ask someone to for me. thanks.
Elethil
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Return to General Support & Feedback