Just saying hello

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

Did you find this topic helpful?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 3

Just saying hello

Postby Linera » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:42 am

Hello fellow WoW players.
This is Linera from The Endless on Perenolde(PvE)

I am looking to start learning to program both addons and websites.
Now before you start pointing me towards different tutorials, I don't like tutorials. Best way for me to learn web programming and addon programming is for me to make my own stuff from the ground up.

I am looking for any ideas for an addon that works in game then goes over to the web.
Last edited by Linera on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linera
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Just saying hello

Postby Wock » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:15 am

An Idea for a WOW addon and Roster Addon couple.

A multipurpose Note Book that has built in Coords.

Not a "map notes" but just an in game "book" per say like tha mail or quest interface but one you can open a page and just type whatever. Need a new page? Click a button and now you have a second page in your "Notebook". Then allow export of a single page, select pages or all pages to a LUA file. Then have a Roster addon that would allow you to "Upload" these notes.

This would help players make "notes" as they play on locations of things, strategies they used, or even jotting down hybrid specs from player conversations for later reviewing.

Also this would help if Officers in guilds could share these notes or post them on Roster but have an "Officer" password to view restricted notes. Or the ability for public "notebooks" to be posted by all players with no password needed.

This is the one area that Blizz IMO is lacking in this game. You have no "journal" per say so everyone I know and I bet a lot of players that read this will agree. Everyone that plays wow usually keeps a pen/pencil and paper near their computer for the sole purpose of "jotting down" quick notes.

To have that feature in game and to also be able to post it into roster would be very beneficial.
Wock
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Just saying hello

Postby Ashdpwn » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi there!

My first post and here's an idea....

How about an in game web browser so you can check WoW guides without having to ALT-TAB all the time?

EZ

Ashdpwn
For me the world is weird because it is stupendous, awsome, mysterious, unfathomable; my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibilty for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous desert, in this marvelous time. I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while; in fact, too short for witnessing all the marvels of it. - Don Juan.
Ashdpwn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Just saying hello

Postby robojerk » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:17 pm

Ashdpwn wrote:Hi there!

My first post and here's an idea....

How about an in game web browser so you can check WoW guides without having to ALT-TAB all the time?

EZ

Ashdpwn

Will never happen.....
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to General Chat