I hate being a non-programming gimp

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Snerk » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:58 pm

Ok so I have several little things happening and I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me with them. I was able to fix my problem with people not being able to upload to the site (Thanks to those tha treplied to my plea!! ) But now I have a few wierd things happening....

1st. My personal Char data when it gets up loaded shows my toon as female when my toon ingame is male. After searchign through the forums here I saw a couple of fixes for this all of which did not work. I am using Charprofiler v 1.5.4a , and Uniuploader V 2.4.1 . I have tried in gam eto use the /cp purge all command and rescanned and uploaded my data but it still shows my toon as female, I have even tried uploading directly from the .lua file to the roster (same result). any ideas?

2nd we have seen some folks Tradeskills taking 30 min sor longer to update after an upload, os there a DB optimize I can do or that is built into the roster?

Thanks a ton!!
Snerk
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Eurynome » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:03 pm

1st. Log in to the game with your character. type /cp purge all. Rescan your character info.

2nd. Very strange - I do entire guild updates and plus 4 characters with professions, and it doesn't take more than 30 seconds to upload. I don't believe there's any optimizing you can do.
Last edited by Eurynome on Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eurynome
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ScratchMonkey » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 pm

A long upload time indicates something is wrong. Watch the debug tab on UniUploader to see if it stalls during some part of the process.

Even if you have a huge number of characters with a huge number of recipes, the process is fairly quick. I was uploading a census file (which dwarfs the roster file), and it took less than a minute. I sped that up by using compressed upload (a UniUploader option), but you don't need that for roster uploads.

The gender of your character is stored in the CharacterProfiler.lua file down in the WTF tree. Look in there for the file, and open it in Notepad. You'll see all your characters in there. Find the one with the problem and see if the gender is right. If it is, then the upload or website code is broken. If the gender is wrong, then the CharacterProfiler addon is failing. Look at the date on the file. See if it's getting written at all. Run WoW and exit and see if the date on the file updates.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Return to General Support & Feedback