What's difference between forums and forums pro?

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby robojerk » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:38 pm

I see avatars and the user icons(icons at the bottom of the post) just fine.

http://www.vocesdelvicio.com/wow/index. ... wtopic&t=2
Last edited by robojerk on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby johnnydement » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:48 pm

fixed it, deleted the line DEFINE ('theme version', 9.0.0.0');

Not accurate line as I'm saying out of memory, but it was pretty similar, at the beginning of the theme.php file
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby IslandStyle » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:24 pm

At the risk of sounding stupid - Ive been playing with dragonfly cms for a little while now and was wondering if you guys think that the upgrade to forums pro is worth it, especially now that myndworx will not be continuing it.
Are there any major advantages to using it versus using the standard forums?

and also I have wowroster running in a wrapper on the guild site, what are the advantages to using wowrosterdf compared to the stand alone??

thanks for advance for all the help!!
IslandStyle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby robojerk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Running WoWRosterDF means you don't need to put it in a Wrapper as it's built in. It also means you set set permission as who can see the roster if you wish. The downside is that sometimes you might have to wait for the DF release of wowroster longer than the stand alone. I prefer it to be integrated since it makes the website look better.

Forums Pro allows you allows you to easily create sub forums and do other various tweaks the regular wouldn't let you do.

The Reason why development has slowed down (I wouldn't say development is dead) is because the the main developer for DragonflyCMS got in a spat with large group of developers (Myndworx, DFAddons, WSGDesigns + more) and how those other devs have decided to work on a new project. They have forked DragonflyCMS and are building their own CMS called NexOS, from what I have read they have changed so much of the code that now it is it's own application and barely resembles DF.

Development for DragonflyCMS is still ongoing so don't expect it to die but some time in the future you will be given a choice to migrate to this new CMS (they have stated they will allow you to migrate to NexOS) or stay with dragonfly.

ForumsPro is not entirely dead, DragonflyCMS is still in production (evident as of the recent 9.1.1 release). NexOS won't be available for use in quite some time so I wouldn't wait for them to release it, plus there is little info available to the public about it so it might not be what you want.

DragonflyCMS is an awesome CMS and fills a lot shortcomings that phpnuke had so I stand by it. I just wish the eqdkp DF module worked.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby zanix » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:10 pm

As for WoWRosterDF, here is a link to my guilds' site using it
http://www.drkalliance.com/wowrosterdf.html
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Previous

Return to Dragonfly