[Request] Mail Expiration Report

Download, Present, and receive support for third party WoWRoster AddOns and modifications
WoWRoster AddOns and Mods are supported by the author only
Please understand that some AddOns and Mods may require advanced skills to employ

Postby ScratchMonkey » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:55 pm

I found a nice in-game addon called MailExpiry that logs all character mailboxes across all servers and warns me in-game when mail is about to expire. It would be nice to provide similar functionality in Roster, at least for one character, or perhaps guild-wide.

Roster has a facility to identify alts so one could use that to identify all mail associated with one account and present it in one page, sorted by expiration. One could also provide a guild-wide list of all email. This would make it easy to check before one logs in to WoW to jump into those characters with mail in danger of expiring.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby zanix » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Roster does not have the ability to tie alts with main characters
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby ScratchMonkey » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:31 pm

Ah, I saw the alt-text variable in the guild config and thought it was intended for that. Reading the fine print, I see it's just used to display a count on the main page.

So the ability to display per-account information isn't really there, and probably not doable unless one constrained the alt field to a special format (non-trivial).

That leaves the ability to provide a guild-wide mail expiration page as the next-best thing.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Return to AddOns and Mods