Making deDE and enGB work together in one guild roster?

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Vincez » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:00 am

Hello fellows, i just recently came across guild roster, took an interest and installed it for my guild.

Now the one thing that's been bugging me with this is the following:

I have users who upload information from deDE clients, and others who upload information from enGB clients.
The page itself is set to german.
When i try to lookup specific tradeskill information, i will not get the information from the people who use the enGB clients.

When a deDE client uploads their Enchanting information, the tradeskill will be recognized as "verzaubern"and the enGB clients as "enchanting".
Thus they do not share the same tradeskill in the database.
When i try to list "verzaubern" logically only the information from the deDE clients will show up.

What i'd like to see is the page loading both "verzaubern" and "enchanting" when asked for the enchanting recipes!

That would of course only be the first step, the same goes for alle the recipes as well.
An deDE client f.e. might be able to enchant a Cloak with Firerestistance.
The Roster would treat the german enchant and the english enchant as two different enchants. That needs to be combined as well!

I know i am asking quite much,
any ideas are greatly appreciated

Vince
Vincez
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:08 am

The current roster was not designed with mixed locales in mind. It is at this stage not yet known if it's possible to properly support that in R2
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Making deDE and enGB work together in one guild roster?

Postby figarotic » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:20 am

I am experiensing the same, just that we are english and having one german client too. This one can upload the chars, the items, recipes etc. shows up in german making the list much longer, but the talents are blank.
-i know this has been answered by know, but i am sure many people want this feature, so if you are up for changing it, i am also sure that it will be much appreciated :)
figarotic
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Vinnie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:12 pm

Question, if the person using the german client was to download the english language pack from Blizzard, would Character_Profiler gather the information for Roster in English?
Last edited by Vinnie on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vinnie
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Efryse » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Yes it does. I have a german client and the ELP. After using Roster, I switched back to german language.

All players who are not playing a different language need the language pack. They can play in the language they want to but before updating their data, they have to switch to the roster language and log on every character and scan all data. After that they can upload their CharacterProfiler.lua and everything shows up in the correct language.

After that they can switch to their favorite language and continue playing WoW.

The change between the languages is quite simple. Use the WoWLauncher Options:
Efryse
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback