Roster Config has no tabs after domain change

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby mrdummy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:31 am

A bit strange error caused when i want go to Roster Config page.
There is no settings window opened.
After short examination i discover the javascript
Code: Select all
Fout document.getElementById(tabcontentIDs[ulid][i]) has no properties
Bronbestand http://wow-fta.net/modules/wowrosterx/css/js/tabcontent.js
Regel 14

has error and the javascript stopped with working.

Before i have site installed under old domain http://xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/ and all works perfectly.

But i have registered new domain name and have changed site to domain http://yyy-yyy.net/. It doesn't work and have correct mainfile.php by hand with correct URL. But the server path is not changed. It's still in same directory structure.
After fix, the site works again. Now i have changed roster_dir field in mysql database to /modules/wowrosterx/.
This makes the pages viewable with images and overlib seems working. Seems all okay.....

But the Config page is not working good. Can i do something about the javascript error, or must i reinstall wowroster again for new domain?
Your answer?
mrdummy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Roster Config has no tabs after domain change

Postby mrdummy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:42 pm

Found the problem.

The settings windows are gone with <div> </div> fields. They're not loaded inside the page. They're not in the HTML code. It's just not generated and added.

Which part is important for loading settings windows in Roster Config page?
I'm debugging soon the problem with working copy at local server and original at the colo server.
mrdummy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Roster Config has no tabs after domain change

Postby mrdummy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:05 pm

Ok, i have found the core of the problem after debugging.
The admin.php uses $html string to build up the settings windows in div areas.

Nothing is going wrong until admin.php want include menu.php. The strlen($html) debug goes to 0 length after menu.php. That means something inside menu part uses $html and make it empty.

Because $html is already reserved for Roster config build, i think one of the addons uses $html for build and make it empty.

Made By addon uses $html for build html code inside config.php
That $html is set to '' when it calls function inside /lib/config.lib.php
Bad idea.

Second addon who use also $html is AltMonitor. Same as Made By is $html also used for html code build.
Both are possible wrong.
Another addons don't use $html (checked: Event Calendar, Guild Bank, Gear Snapshot, Item Sets, Missing Receipes, Reputation) which are thus good.

I have fixed the problem to transfer $html to $htmlresult
with adding
$htmlresult=$html

before
// ----[ Render the page ]---------------------------------- 

around row 301 in file admin.php in wowrosterx directory.
Then rename string $html in around row 321 to $htmlresult and it works without problems. Just a quick fix.

It's important to warn addon devvers about reserved strings to prevent problems, if they want include it in the php code.
Last edited by mrdummy on Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrdummy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:40 am

I haven't been updating MadeBy, but I know AltMonitor pretty well. The configuration in AltMonitor was based on the roster config, and uses a lot of its code. This has never caused problems like these for me.

One thing you could try to check if addons are really the problem is removing (= moving out of the way) all addons' folders. This shouldn't make any difference - the addons data is all loaded from a function anyway.

Moreover, the MadeBy or AltMonitor config pages aren't even included by the menu page. Only the localization.php and menu.php are included.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to General Support & Feedback