Wrong version?

Scans for, and displays main/alt relations in your Guild

Moderator: PleegWat

Wrong version?

Postby enlox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:59 am

i just installed this addon in order to keep track of all alts in our guild
we define alts by Officer note (%mainname%-Alt)

i used the "/([\w]+)'s Alt/i" as stated elsewhere in this forum in oder to sort them out.

problem is:
1. the installed AltMonitor say 1.4.1 when loaded in roster but file downloaded is according to this page and forum 1.5.1 - what is wrong?

2. the addon don't do what it's supposed to do. it don't sort out alts and mains in any way, just list all in one long list with the +/- icons (and sometimes not even the icons) and no reference to char being main or alt what so ever. when updating relations nothing changes either. not all char has officer note, but should this affect the rest?

when we change the value of "Use match no" from 1 to 2 all chars are marked mainless alts. if we change it back to 1 all still remain mainless alts. we have now tried all we can think of and plan on not using this as it obviously don't work.

please help us enable this great tool :-)

Code: Select all
Main/Alt Relations 
Regex  : /([\w]+)-Alt/i
Apply on field : >Officer note<
Use match no : 1
Main identifier : Main
No result >Mainless Alt<
Invalid result : >Mainless Alt<
Alt of Alt : >Set as mainless alt<
enlox
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Wrong version?

Postby PleegWat » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:31 pm

1) I've noticed this one sometime last week too. I've been forgetting to update the version number in the software the last 2 times.
2) It doesn't sort out the alts exactly. The alts are grouped with their mains. If you want to hide them initially, there's an option for that which you can turn on on the display tab of the options page.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Wrong version?

Postby enlox » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:47 pm

no we want to sort alts under mains just as this addon does

i might know what the problem is and that is "officer notes are not saved" in-game
this is what i experience anyways... have to look into this more
enlox
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Wrong version?

Postby PleegWat » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:57 am

Base roster doesn't display officer notes anywhere. If you have altmonitor configured to use the officer note, it will show officer notes in debug mode. To enable debug mode, go to the following page:

{your roster install}/addon.php?roster_addon_name=AltMonitor&action=debug

If that doesn't help you solve the problem, please supply a link to your roster install so I can take a look myself.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Wrong version?

Postby enlox » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:08 am

we have now tried a few different approaches and descided on using the member/guild title, it works for now...

i was thinking maybe to come up with a brilliant idea how to solve this in a good way but as far as i see it this addon comes with a few pre-requisites regarding the setup of your guild as well as the fact that the built-in function in wowroster for alt display don't work =)

anyways, thanx for bothering :-)

CASE CLOSED!
enlox
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to AltMonitor