ACE'd version?

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

ACE'd version?

Postby unfortunately » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:39 pm

Any chance of making an ACE'd version for us users who are fanatic about the best use of memory/system resources?

For such a small addon it would probably very very quick and easy to do.
unfortunately
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: ACE'd version?

Postby unfortunately » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:21 am

Anyone? Bueller? Buuueller?

Using the "Warmup" addon that shos how much memory is being used by each addon, both PVPlog and Char Profiler are using quite a bit of memory.

ACE'ing might help both of these out alot.

wowace.com
Last edited by unfortunately on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
unfortunately
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

ACE'd version?

Postby mrmuskrat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:55 am

Thanks for the link. I've never heard of WoW Ace before but I will be checking it out for sure.

If you want CharacterProfiler to use Ace then talk to the dev over at RPG Outfitter.

As for PvPLog, I recently made some updates to the WoW Roster version but I'm not an official or unofficial maintainer; someone pointed out some deficiencies that had been bugging me too and I decided to fix it. If, after checking out Ace, I think it's worth the time and effort to modify it then I will and release it here (more than likely under a slightly modified name like AcePvPLog). Who knows, maybe one of the other people around here who have worked on PvPLog will get to it first. *shrug*
mrmuskrat
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Re: ACE'd version?

Postby mrmuskrat » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:06 pm

unfortunately wrote:For such a small addon it would probably very very quick and easy to do.

You obviously haven't looked at the code. 2000 lines of code in PvPLog.lua alone. It's not huge but it's not small like OpenClam.
mrmuskrat
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

ACE'd version?

Postby PleegWat » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:39 pm

For an addon like CharacterProfiler or PvPLog, the fact they use a lot of memory follows directly from their purpose. The purpose of these addons is getting and storing data for use outside WoW. The only time when this data can be written to the hard drive and moved out of memory is when the game exits, so the data stays in memory during use.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to PvPLog