User setting in wowroster Character display.

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby mrdummy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:38 pm

When i use Wowroster 1.7.2, i see there is 'user' setting in Admin part of wowroster by Character Page.
That makes let the guildmembers choices which they want see or don't want see.

But there is problem with this part.
I have some guild members which don't want see all. For example money and bags. I discover that Per-Character Display is a bit useless.

Why useless? Because the guildmembers can change it back. I have set some fields for my character to Off. When i log in under another account, i see i can set it back to On. Why? That is just useless. It blocks nothing.

Ok, there is nothing the guild members can really set it for themselves. Nothing for personal setting.
I think there must be more detection to make it better:
- detect which characters are added under his login (user upload detection from Character Profiler data)
- if possible, add characters to login (admin only)
- remove unwanted from login (also admin only)

Then for these characters has own setting page. Now the member can really remove some functions, in most way money and bags, so make it invisible for another members. Another members cannot change it back, it's protected. It's different than Per-Character Display which everyone can make a mess from it.

I found the Per-Character Display is not really saved per login. It's like general saved, so another members can change it again. That is just wrong. I must change it again back, and another member change it again back... again again. Oh no.... that is not funny. Remove such page and put better protection against unwanted changes.

Thus i need two pages: protected setting pages for members to protect some information in the characters, and second page for user setting with all another characters. And it's user setting, not general / global setting.

You may tell me about both problems. Thank you. :)
mrdummy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:07 pm

The settings in Roster Config were meant to be changed by one and only one person

There is no "per-user" config in Roster
The "user" settings on the character display are so the Roster Admin can set then in the "Per-User Display" control in Roster Config

The 1.x line of Roster does not have any user authentication, nor is it planned
The 2.x line of Roster will have user authentication complete with a user control panel
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to General Support & Feedback