Big Errors when Trying to upload an Addon

Support and feedback for UniAdmin

Postby Vagas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:39 pm

hey guys :)

I Installed UniAdmin today on my Webserver because i want to have a easy way for my Guild-Members to Update their profiles on WoW-Roster..

Ok First, i am not very good in all this stuff, i just followed the installation steps and all seemed to work. But i dont know what things to edit in the Settings Menu... I just entered PRIMARYURL and SYNCHROURL. But do i also have to check the "active" boxes that are to the right side of the options?

Could someone tell me what setting i have to make ? I only want to use it for my WoW Rosters Site...

But the main Problem is, when trying to upload an Addon ... It says following errors (take care, its much ^^)

ah, and dont wonder, i gave the folder a wrong name, i named it uniupload and not uniadmin ... but dont think that that should cause any problems? was a mistake by me ^^

ok here the errors when trying add a addon zip file:

Code: Select all
Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20085 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/CharacterProfiler owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 284

Warning: opendir(/srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/CharacterProfiler): failed to open dir: Success in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 284

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 285

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 300

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20085 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/Interface owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 284

Warning: opendir(/srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/Interface): failed to open dir: Success in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 284

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 285

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 300

Warning: dir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20085 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/CharacterProfiler owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 329

Warning: dir(/srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/CharacterProfiler): failed to open dir: Success in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 329

Notice: Undefined variable: real_addon_name in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/modules/addons.php on line 449

Notice: Undefined variable: real_addon_name in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/modules/addons.php on line 483

Notice: Undefined variable: toc in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/modules/addons.php on line 483

Warning: dir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 20085 is not allowed to access /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/CharacterProfiler owned by uid 30 in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 329

Warning: dir(/srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/addon_temp/CharacterProfiler): failed to open dir: Success in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 329

Notice: Undefined variable: real_addon_name in /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/soulsofwar/uniupload/modules/addons.php on line 529

Someone could help me with that ? ^^

Pls excuse my english, its not my Main Language ;-)
Last edited by Vagas on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagas
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Wow, your web server is very restrictive
Seems like thy lock it down tight
SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.
The script whose uid is 20085 is not allowed to access uniupload/addon_temp/CharacterProfiler
owned by uid 30 in uniupload/include/uniadmin.php on line 284

I don't think you can use UniAdmin on it
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Anaxent » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:12 pm

Try this to see if this could fix things.
create a .htaccess file and add it to the root of your webserver then add this line of code into it.
php_admin_flag engine on
php_admin_flag safe_mode off

Im just hoping your host allows overriding via .htaccess files.
Last edited by Anaxent on Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Vagas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:24 pm

hi :)

First of all thx for help ;-)

Ok, the prob is, what root dir you mean?

Cause i can only get to: /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html

its the server of a friend, and i am just kinda "sub"user .. does it may work when uploading the file in the directory i postet above ?
Vagas
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Vagas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:30 pm

ok .. i now tried adding the file to /srv/www/htdocs/web4/html/ ... when i did so, he always told me a Error Page with topic "Server Error!" .. when i remove .htaccess file it works again :/

then i tried to upload file just to my uniupload dir, and then he showed same error when i tried to get to this dir ..

seems not to be good no?
would be very sad i fi couldnt use that tool, for i think it is realy nice

edit: maybe should i try a re-install? and do i have to use a empty db for that tool ? i just added tables to the db where already roster, phpbb etc. is in ... bust this should usualy be no prob i think ?
Last edited by Vagas on Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagas
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:17 pm

Try it with just the
php_admin_flag safe_mode off

And when you login to FTP the first place you would you are able to add files that would be seen via the web / http is the place i'd try to use the .htaccess file. the only other way is for your friend to edit his php.ini file and turn off safemode or add them 2 lins of code to your vhost.conf entry. the best way is via the php.ini, having safemode on limits the php functaions that are allowed to be used.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Vagas » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:22 am

ok, the first folder i can upload files to is the /html/ ... i tried only with the line wrote above, but he shows same error i described before. cant load any sites that are in this folder or in any subfolder, he always shows up an error message in my Browser then :(

I will try talking with my friend to make this changes and try if this works.
But one more question about that. It seems safe mode is for protecting/security, will it cause security issues in any way when turning it off ?
Vagas
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Big Errors when Trying to upload an Addon

Postby Jellow » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi@all,

i had the same problem with installing UniAdmin on my Webspace.
The really unnecessary problem is in the fact that you are not allowed to move data from the upload directory to your FTP created directories even if they have 777-mode.

I found a pretty ugly workaround for this:
I created a little installer script, which creates the needed 'addon_*' and 'logos' directories:

mkdir
('addon_zips'0777);
mkdir('addon_temp'0777);
mkdir('logos'0777);
chmod('addon_zips'0777);
chmod('addon_temp'0777);
chmod('logos'0777);

Please don't wonder about the doubling of commands with suppling the mode in mkdir and chmod afterwards, but for me it was needed to create a writeable directory.

Now my script was able to do any fileoperation in this directories.

Perhaps it is possible to integrate such an installer script which creates directories needed to be writeable, within the next uniAdmin Version.

Sincerily Yours
Jan

P.S.: A lil bug I faced while writing this post is that the ?> at the end of rhe php code box is missing ;-)
Jellow
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:57 am

The UniAadmin installer does try to create these directories if they do not exist and it tries to chmod them if they exist
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to UniAdmin