Deleting Old Addons

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

Deleting Old Addons

Postby Pariator » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:37 am

Hey, I've just started using all of the uniadmin, uniuploader, and guildroster stuff on my website for my guild. They all work fabulously except for one minor thing. The UniUploader doesn't seem to delete files before installing the new addons.

I grabbed a fix for the read only extraction from another thread in this forum. I'll roll that out to all of my guild mates, but is it possible to have UU actually delete an addons directory before downloading and unzipping the newest version?

I suppose I could look at the code, but it usually takes me several several hours of decoding and referencing and messing with stuff like that to get it to work. Should've seen how long it took me to figure out a 3 line code in a .htaccess file =)

Any suggestions or help on this would be great.

Also as a side note. A nice feature to UU would be the ability to select EITHER the .toc name or the zip name as the display name for the addon. Right now, it shows CTRA as CTRaidBoss and a few of my other addons have completely non-descript titles as a result. It's not particularly a problem, but I do have to put the actual name of the mod in the version field.
Last edited by Pariator on Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pariator
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Deleting Old Addons

Postby zanix » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:56 am

The titles problem is because of UniAdmin not parsing the files correctly
Next release of UA should fix this

As for any UU changes, Matt should be able to tell ya
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Deleting Old Addons

Postby Pariator » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:58 am

Thanks a lot =) For now, i'll just have them delete the previous versions. Hopefully the next version will include the read only fix, as well.

And as a note, I don't know if I speak for everyone, but having the ability to roll out a complete addon deletion would be nice. If we stop using or supporting an addon, I want to be able to remove it from their addons directory. Luckily they get disabled by default, but I don't like telling them to click things.

Less clicks, less mistakes.
Last edited by Pariator on Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pariator
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to UniUploader