Suggestion

Categorizes items in your guildbank(s)

Moderator: Mathos

Suggestion

Postby Kinetic » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 am

First off, thanks for a great mod. We have it up and running in our guild.

One thing that has been requested by some guild members is if we can filter the guild bank items to only show items that were added to the bank in the last 'x' number of days. As we have quite a large guild (and quite a few bank's), its quite hard to see "What's new" in the bank.

So, a free textbox that allows members to filter by last 20, 10, 5, 1 (or whatever they want) days would be really cool.
Kinetic
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Suggestion

Postby Mathos » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:59 pm

Thanks for the compliments *bows* although the initial idea came of someone else, and I just made it more suitable.

The suggestion you make is unfortunately impossible as we do not have time stamps on items in the inventory.

I am however thinking about maintaining this mod again and put in some more functionality. (at least making it TBC aware like Jewels and stuff, which is a pretty easy job actually)

So any suggestions are most welcome! keep em coming!
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Suggestion

Postby Sprakeloos » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:25 pm

I have a suggestion :

As soon as you start working with several bank chards and end up with loads and loads of stuff in the bank(s) you'll find out the amount of categories isn't enough.
It would be cool if there could be more categories.
Eg instead of just armor have cloth, leather, plate and such categories as well.
That will make it easier for people to check what's suitable for them.
Sprakeloos
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Suggestion

Postby Mathos » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:50 am

Well, that is hardly required. Just filter on the word Cloth and you get all items that have the word cloth in it :)

I am pretty sure you will be speechless once you try it Sprakeloos :P
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Suggestion

Postby Sprakeloos » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:31 am

I know about the filter option but loads of guild members keep on asking about more categories even though I told them about the filter ;-)

Ah well, I'll explain them again on our forum :-)
Sprakeloos
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Suggestion

Postby Mathos » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:38 pm

I think we could make more categories.....problem is really localization, which is a drag in these kind of addons.

Other than localization, I have seen people suggesting drop down boxes with all members of the guild, so you can select whatever your character would require.....
This is stuff highly complicated, as stuff may apply to multiple professions and things like that.

If something really adds functionality that is not currently provided, and feasable, I am willing to consider it. Off Course if you program something and want it integrated, I will be happy to integrate it into the addon's repository.

Kind regards, Mathos.
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to Categorized Guild Bank