Errors on a fresh install of WoWRosterDF v1.7.3.0

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby RottGutt » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:13 am

I am doing a fresh install of WoWRosterDF v1.7.3.0. I uploaded the files to the site, and went into Admin >> Modules. I clicked the "Install" link for WoWRosterDF and get these errors:

includes/db/db.php
CMS Warning line 75: On /admin.php?op=modules&install=WoWRosterDF While executing query "ALTER TABLE WoW_admins ADD radminwowrosterdf TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'" the following error occured: Duplicate column name 'radminwowrosterdf' In: /home/freak6/public_html/admin/modules/modules.php on line: 264

includes/classes/cpg_adminmenu.php
Warning line 250: _get_content(modules/wowrosterdf/admin/adlinks.inc) [function.-get-content]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Warning line 250: _get_content() [function.include]: Failed opening 'modules/wowrosterdf/admin/adlinks.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php')

The installation seems to have gone ok, as I can go to the WoWRosterDF link that is created. Any clues concerning a proper installation or not?

And one other thing. When I go to my new WoWRosterDF link, it opens WoWRosterDF correctly, but the blocks I have on the left side disappear. This didn't happen with the older version of WoWRosterDF, my left side blocks would stay in view when I went to the WoWRosterDF page. Am I overlooking a configuration setting somewhere?
Last edited by RottGutt on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Re: Errors on a fresh install of WoWRosterDF v1.7.3.0

Postby robojerk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:47 am

RottGutt wrote:And one other thing. When I go to my new WoWRosterDF link, it opens WoWRosterDF correctly, but the blocks I have on the left side disappear. This didn't happen with the older version of WoWRosterDF, my left side blocks would stay in view when I went to the WoWRosterDF page. Am I overlooking a configuration setting somewhere?

It's a new feature in DF 9.1.1. You need to go to the blocks admin sections, select the blocks you want present and click the 'edit' link then add wowrosterdf.. I don't agree with this new feature, but that's what is going on..
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby RottGutt » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:26 pm

robojerk wrote:
RottGutt wrote:And one other thing. When I go to my new WoWRosterDF link, it opens WoWRosterDF correctly, but the blocks I have on the left side disappear. This didn't happen with the older version of WoWRosterDF, my left side blocks would stay in view when I went to the WoWRosterDF page. Am I overlooking a configuration setting somewhere?

It's a new feature in DF 9.1.1. You need to go to the blocks admin sections, select the blocks you want present and click the 'edit' link then add wowrosterdf.. I don't agree with this new feature, but that's what is going on..

Thanks for the reply Robojerk. I am a little confused though on the steps you listed. I already have all the blocks that I want to show up selected, and each one has an "edit" link. The only block I can add that has anything to do with WoWRosterDF is wowrosfterdf-motd, which I do not want to add. Is there a guide for this new DF 'feature'?

RottGutt
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby robojerk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:25 pm

Go to Admin Menu
Click on Blocks
Click the "Edit" link (right side) of a block you want present.
Add it to the list of modules it is visible for..
Attachments
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Equisetum » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi Rottgut,

This one stumped me on another module awhile back...

Basically, you have to set up the other blocks on your website to show WowrosterDF when the roster is being viewed. When you go into your Blocks admin, click "Edit" on a block that you want displayed while viewing the roster. For example, "Main Menu". Once there you'll see something that says, "Visible in modules". These are the modules that have the Main Menu displayed. Make sure that the "WowrsoterDF" is greyed out. You can do this by CTRL-Clicking WOWRosterDF in the list.

Be careful that you don't just click it without the CTRL, otherwise all the other modules selected int he list will get deselected. At least that's what happened to me.

Once you have WoWRosterDF highlighted with the rest of the modules, it should be displayed ok when you view your roster. Do this same thing to the rest of the modules.

Here's a question of my own, though... How do I get it to display blocks on the right? I've done the above steps but it doesn't seem to work. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, and good luck!!

~Eq
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Equisetum » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:27 pm

haha.. posted too late... What he said...
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby robojerk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:42 pm

Equisetum wrote:Here's a question of my own, though... How do I get it to display blocks on the right? I've done the above steps but it doesn't seem to work. Anybody have any ideas?

Go to Admin
Modules
Click "edit" (right side)
There Should be a "Blocks" drop down.
Your options are
    None
    Left
    Right
    Both

None means module fills up screen under the header
Left = Blocks on Left side
Right = Blocks on right side
Both = Show block on left & right side
Attachments
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby RottGutt » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:09 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate ya'll bearing with my slowness with this... lol. I have made the changes ya'll suggested, and it is now working great. Thanks for being there for the community. And thanks to Anaxent for another great port!

RottGutt
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Equisetum » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:46 am

Thanks Robo. I actually have that all set up, and it works great with all of my other screens, just not the Roster. I double-chekced the blocks, though, just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Any other ideas?

wow.rage-and-mana.com

Thanks!
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Dragonfly