Help whats going on people

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby zanix » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:39 am

Hope you get it working
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby jc230285 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:46 pm

This Problem is bugging me. i've had to host the roster of another server then the homepage need to fix this.
jc230285
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Help whats going on people

Postby Endgame » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:20 pm

Just something I found out that may help others.

I could not upload any data at all after a clean install of 1.7. I tried multiple things, and kept getting the "you must upload your guild info first" message. Trying to upload my guild profile gave no error messages, but nothing appeared to be uploaded either.

Roster diag finally clued me in. Under PHP settings, my server has "upload_max_filesize" set to 2M. I checked my CharacterProfiler.lua and it was 2.04M. Seems having too many toon on too many servers created a much larger file than was acceptable.

I removed the offending information (or some of it at least to get the file size down to 1.5M.) and now my upload and updates all work correctly.

Maybe a rare problem, but something to check!

Thanks for the program guys, my guild loves it.

End
Endgame
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby DeadlySinner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:12 am

Hi I'm back :)

I tried the check size - I'm good there.. and entering the guild info
Diversion wrote:I tried the phpMyAdmin trick and it worked. Under the guild table I modified:

guild_id: Set to 1
guild_name: Your guild name
server: Your server
faction: Horde/Alliance

I didn't bother with anything else. After that, my menu worked properly and I made the in-script modifications and uploaded the data.

and I still cant upload the .lua file correctly (still getting the blank update.php log)

However, I entered a few other things like GMOTD and that prompts it to work as far as showing me that whatevers in the table will display...I also have ther server status and when I click on roster - I dont get the you need to update your guild or finish the config...I get a nice layout for honor stats/pvp stats and the instructions on how to upload, etc. (just no one is there) So it seems that the problem is w/ the parsing of the .lua file to the tables.

Anyone have any thoughts??
DeadlySinner
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby jc230285 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:39 pm

DeadlySinner Dont understand Modifycations you made to scrips.

I have tryied to import the whole database from a remote server and the roster all worked fine i could see all the members ok. so changing the information in the SQL tables aint going to do much sorry to say i think your right something to do with the upload prossess.

But still couldn't update
Last edited by jc230285 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jc230285
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby jc230285 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:51 pm

Dont go to sleep guys whats going on anyone fixed this yet.
jc230285
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby BlueCrossGothic » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:36 pm

My Problem is this:

After the first upload I'm getting a blank Update Log and (if I expand) the following message in the SQL Queries
Code: Select all
SELECT `config_name`, `config_value` FROM `roster_config` ORDER BY `id` ASC;

What can I do to fix this problem? I've read the Manuals, getting the Roster from your site and the CP v1.5.4 from RPGO, study the hints, read almost this Forum (i wrote my Problem almost here http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=167/start=15.html, but getting still no answer) and finnaly some posts of people who fixed it of their own. That's really great, but all these stuff don't help me.

BTW what filesize does the cp.lua file regulary have? 74KB seems a little bit to small to me.

Greetings
BCG
BlueCrossGothic
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby DeadlySinner » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:04 am

Well, I finally got it working... on a different host server. It is temporarily stashed on a free host till I can get it working on this one *sigh* I just am not sure what permission is wrong on this server to get it working. I tried looking for the open_basedir,

twisted-monkey wrote:I fixed it for myself. look out for server config issues.
If you have open_basedir enabled, ensure you edit the upload_tmp_dir in your php.ini to be under the basedir.

basically my file was not being accepted when it was uploaded. so it never got processed.

but my setting was off not on so I don't know if it was/is still a factor. I tried comparing the phpinfo from my host to another guilds.. but I dont see much of a difference, I changed php 4 to php5 and that didnt help either. Not sure where else to go. Hope this helps someone.
DeadlySinner
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Fixed Mine!

Postby DeadlySinner » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:27 pm

After much playing I accidently fixed my upload problems!! I had been running the site under a subdomain so xxx.yyy.com/blah

I had another domain name but was having problems w/ the .htaccess getting my host to let me use the two names and point to two sites. after much frustration I was able to get the .htaccess to recognize both domains correctly, and then for fun I installed wowroster again.. and I about died when it actually uploaded!! nearest I can figure is that my host doesnt allow remote access to the sql and thought that was an outside access, but now that its "installed" under the same domain it will allow access. I am not sure thats even right, but its the best guess that I can come up with on why all of a sudden it works.

dawnofredemption.com <-- look it works!!
Last edited by DeadlySinner on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadlySinner
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to General Support & Feedback