Guild Notes Not Being Updated

Data Accuracy issues

Postby dreadlyone » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi there.

Did a search and haven't found this particular error in any thread, at least not using the various possible keywords I used.

Anyhow, the problem I am having is that the notes field is not being updated to reflect what is done in game or in the CP.lua for all members. Only some. If someone had a note and it changed to something new, as in, their note had ALT: Ikurus and then changed to ALT: Ik, the note will get updated when the guild list is updated.

If however, I wanted to totally remove someones not, as in, their note was RV: 7/26 and later totally deleted so there is no note at all, the previous note will remain there and will note remove itself.

I double checked the CP.lua file and sure enough, CP.lua reflects all the changes and the guild roster information as it exists in game, but when uploaded/parsed, it just doesn't like taking a player note and turning it blank.

Below is a snippet from my CP.lua for the player Darm. You will see that the note field is in fact empty, however, looking at my site as linked below for the same player shows his player note as "Dharm"

Code: Select all
["Darm"] = {
               ["Note"] = "",
               ["Zone"] = "Eastern Plaguelands",
               ["Group"] = "no",
               ["Class"] = "Warlock",
               ["Online"] = 1,
               ["RankIndex"] = 5,
               ["Status"] = "",
               ["OfficerNote"] = "",
               ["Level"] = 60,
               ["Name"] = "Darm",
               ["Rank"] = "Raid Member",
            },

My roster not imbedded: http://manic-guild.com/roster/

I usually use UniUploader to keep my site updated and have that set to upload on file changes. I also have used the manual upload using the roster upload page with my password to no avail.

Some info about my site/config:
Roster Diag shows there are no issues at all. Everything else works great. You will notice obviously that the site colours, backgrounds, etc...have change emensly to reflect the theme of my site http://manic-guild.com.

Addons:
rpgo-CharacterProfiler v1.5.4a
rpgo-GuildProfiler v1.5.1

Server/DB Info
PHP Version 4.4.2
PHP API Type apache
safe_mode Off
open_basedir Off
allow_url_fopen On
file_uploads On
upload_max_filesize 10M

OS Linux
Server Software Apache/1.3.36 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.27 OpenSSL/0.9.8a
MySQL Version 4.0.27-standard

I hope I have provided you with the information needed to diagnose my problem.

Finally, awesome work on this project. If only could force all my members to upload their profiles, I would be a happy man. Any project in the works to turn lazy noobs into profile updating maniacs?
Last edited by dreadlyone on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreadlyone
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ThePrimaryDave » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:52 pm

I suspect that a blank note is being treated like "unknown" information. That's the problem when dealing with potentially incomplete info (which is how GP/CP operates). Do you delete everything and then lose stuff that wasn't scanned properly? Or do you only replace stuff that has an actual value? In this case, the problem is, the "actual value" is a blank entry. Which is what the lib/wowdb (I think) uses to determine that it "just doesn't know."

The short term, easy fix is to make the note something non-blank but innocuous, like "No note" or maybe a single period (full stop). The slightly harder fix is to go into lib/wowdb.php and find where it would normally update the note and remove the conditional that determines whether to update it or not.
ThePrimaryDave
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:46 am

ThePrimaryDave is right
Conditionals were placed in wowdb.php to prevent mysql 5 errors that plagued 1.6.0
As a result, some fields that can be empty are being passed over and not updated

This is fixed for the upcomming 1.7.1 version
At least, I hope it is...
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to Data Accuracy