Optional Addons issue?

Support and feedback for UniAdmin

Optional Addons issue?

Postby Graiford » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:04 pm

So, I went ahead and uploaded various addons into uniadmin. After a while, I began to notice that some addons (I cant make rhyme or reason of which ones) begin to become unchecked within uniuploader when it syncs.

As in, I check an addon I want downloaded. I then hit 'synchronize'. It tells me the addon doesn't need to be updated. I'm totally clueless on this.

I thought at first it might be the way the file was zipped, so I checked out the forums, realized that currently all the files need the Interface\Addons as part of the path, and rezipped files that way. Still doesn't work.

I got creative and decided to make one of the ones that didn't work a required addon. All of a sudden, presto, it started working. I think this may be a bug within the actual uniuploader or possibly code in uniadmin, I'm not sure, but I never ran into this problem with 0.7.0.

Thoughts, suggestions, criticism?

EDIT:: hmm...would probably be better w/debugger files. I'll go one better. Here's 3 debugger files. The first is where all the addons are required, and they all download. The second is where none of the addons are REQUIRED, but they're all checked, and only some of them download. The third is where the one's that failed in the second are checked, and still fail, saving one (Decursive). Interestingly enough, I can get it to REPEATEDLY update that addon (decursive) even if it hasnt changed at ALL. Weird.
Attachments
bad addons update.txt
(349.39 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
none required -- all selected.txt
(187.89 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
all required.txt
(203.25 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Last edited by Graiford on Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graiford
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Optional Addons issue?

Postby Movix » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:52 pm

I had the same problem. It is due to spaces in the AddOn name. Replace them by an underscroe and it works.
Confusing is, that this work around works for all cases, but the bug not happens for all Addons with spaces in its name !!
In my case i have not the required MySQL server and client versions as alerted while installing. Perhaps due to wrong character encoding in the DB ?
Last edited by Movix on Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DF 9.2.1 - RosterDF 1.7.3.0 (patched) - Roster 2.0 beta
Movix
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Optional Addons issue?

Postby Graiford » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:26 pm

Funny enough, that was right. It DID Fix it when I removed the spaces from the names. So that addresses that problem.

However, addons are now being updated even if they have no updates needed. Case in point, I download all off the addons, close uniuploader, and restart it. It REDOWNLOADS all the addons, saying they need updates. Same thing if I keep it open and then just hit 'synchronize' again.

Would love input on this one :P
Graiford
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Optional Addons issue?

Postby swampy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Graiford wrote:Funny enough, that was right. It DID Fix it when I removed the spaces from the names. So that addresses that problem.

However, addons are now being updated even if they have no updates needed. Case in point, I download all off the addons, close uniuploader, and restart it. It REDOWNLOADS all the addons, saying they need updates. Same thing if I keep it open and then just hit 'synchronize' again.

Would love input on this one :P

When the addons are stored on the server, do they have the Interface\Addons directory built into the zip file? If they don't they'll unzip directly into your wow directory, not overwriting the out of date addons. The behaviour you're getting matches what I had until I updated the zip files.
swampy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Optional Addons issue?

Postby zanix » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:49 am

Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Optional Addons issue?

Postby Movix » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:34 pm

I also noticed, that the required AddOns can now be unchecked in UniUploader
DF 9.2.1 - RosterDF 1.7.3.0 (patched) - Roster 2.0 beta
Movix
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Optional Addons issue?

Postby Graiford » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:38 pm

no no, maybe I misrepresented what was happening. Let me rephrase. I check an addon to be updated. It updates. And then it updates again. And again. And again. It re-downloads it everytime instead of not downloading it when it sees it has the same checksum. Help?

And yes, all the files have the interface/addons/addonhere structure built into them.
Graiford
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to UniAdmin