phpBB User Authentication for WoW Roster 1.7.3

phpBB integration forum

Postby Munazz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:28 pm

This is a continuation of the forum topic where I outlined changes needed for Roster 1.7.2

This modification of the WoW Roster files will allow users to login to the WoW Roster with their phpBB username and password instead of the standard login for WoW Roster.

It does this by modifying the files to use the already implemented Roster_Login class, which I modified some. The instructions also include steps that will need to be taken to include these settings on the Admin screen, to make it a fully integrated modification instead of just a patch-job.
Attachments
phpbb_login_1.7.3.zip
ZIP Archive with the instructions and php files needed to make this modification.
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
Munazz
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby arcadin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:27 am

Same problem as before (Post subject: 1.7.2 Authentication using phpBB username/password Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 06:59 PM +11) until I moved my roster database tables into the same database as phpbb...BUT otherwise the auth mod is working A-OK!

/cheer & Tvm Munazz!

A.
arcadin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby IvanDist » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:19 am

I'm getting this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /www/110mb.com/i/v/a/n/d/i/s/t/ivandist/htdocs/roster/settings.php on line 103

Any ideas why this happens?I've installed Roster correctly, did all the changes you included in the *.txt files.
IvanDist
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: phpBB User Authentication for WoW Roster 1.7.3

Postby Munazz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:04 am

IvanDist wrote:I'm getting this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /www/110mb.com/i/v/a/n/d/i/s/t/ivandist/htdocs/roster/settings.php on line 103

Any ideas why this happens?I've installed Roster correctly, did all the changes you included in the *.txt files.

Check your quotes that you used. That error generally comes when you have left open a quote somewhere, perhaps you used " and then ' ?
Munazz
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby IvanDist » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:16 am

hmm no, well I'll just reinstall it :)

thx for the reply.
IvanDist
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby TAGuild » Wed May 02, 2007 8:13 am

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\APOCALYPSE\roster\lib\phpbb_login.php on line 114

any idea why? I didn't modify this line, and the SQL tables were inserted based on the read me file.
TAGuild
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Wed May 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Yes, that error usually appears a couple of lines after the actual problem. Most likely you forgot a semicolon (;)
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby TAGuild » Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 pm

I didn't change the code anywhere near that line. I resolved it by changing how phpbb login identified phpbb root. It has to be in dot slash format.

Also, just an idea for the next version. It would be nice if we could restrict viewing of any page of the roster to certain phpbb groups.
TAGuild
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: phpBB User Authentication for WoW Roster 1.7.3

Postby IllusoryThrall » Fri May 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Okay. I have the script working.. and .. sortof.. an integration of phpBB2 and WoWRoster running (well, partially running, I have the templating and the menu system about 80% done.)

Where I'm now stuck.. is I'd like to run a login/logout button .. basically, have the generic phpBB buttons for registering and logging in (if they're logged out), and a link to the roster update along with the php buttons for the profile control panel, private messages, and a logout button (if they're logged in).

I know this script is pulling in the user's log-in information (because 1, it's in the script, and 2, if i log out on the forums, I can't access update or config features anymore without logging back in)... so.. how can I then display the login/ logout button.. and hopefully a (register) if they're not logged in.. and (profile | private messages) if they're logged in. I tried messing with it, adding the code that's provided for integration on the phpBB site and documentation, but all I got was syntax error (white screens, nothing loads) after syntax error... nothing worked. I'm sure it's conflicts with something or other, or the code's being put in the wrong spot..

i'm calling the login/out and other user links from my roster_header.tpl file, but obviously the php definitions would have to be elsewhere...

any help at all would be great!

best-case scenario, like the last post, i'd also like to manage to show the roster pages to certain user groups, but I've a feeling that would take more coding than i've got the know-how to do.
IllusoryThrall
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Fri May 18, 2007 4:09 pm

I'm not sure what does what.

JavaScript init stuff should be in roster_header.tpl

PHP init stuff should be in Settings.php

The buttons should probably be worked into menu.php somewhere.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby benbu75 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi, I use pnPHPBB 1.2i, which is based on PHPBB 2.0.22, with the Postnuke 0.764 CMS and I am attempting to use this mod to integrate it with WoWRoster 1.7.3

I went through the instructions on phpbb_login changes.txt, but I think something got messed up in the update.php file. The update.php file I have has additional space between almost every line, so I think I may have messed up with some of the instructions where it states "ADD after Line x"

Can you clarify where these lines need to be added? As it is now, I am only getting a blank page when I try to view update.php, which I am assuming indicates some kind of error in the code.

Thanks
benbu75
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to phpBB